GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Kid in a gsr swapped civic hatch (asked him what motor he was running after) this weekend smashing on the freeway weaving in and out of cars. Spotted the eBay c pillar bar and new he would be game. Lined up on a roll locked in 2nd gear and just let it rip on him. He was cool and wanted a 1st gear roll after. So I gave him the jump in first and once I heard the vtec crossover I hammered it down and put another bus on him. He was chill and threw me a thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roctre

Ready to race!
This thread is entertaining to read through so I figured I'd add my small contribution.

An hour ago when I was running an errand to the bank a dude in a Jeep Wrangler tried to get me to race. This guy had a 4 dr "Moab" Wrangler with all the Jeep bro things ie lifted, huge tires, big metal bumpers, LED light bar, winch, high lift, etc. He was driving really aggressively on a small (45mph speed limit) road in a decent amount of traffic. At a stop light he motioned for me to roll down my window and said "You think you're fast?" He proceeded to ask if I wanted to run later and put money on it :iono:. I politely declined. Wonder what he was smoking to think he could take me with his auto trans, 4,500lb+ 4x4. I wish I had been in Mexico so I could have made some easy money :D.

Oh, he had all the doors off his Jeep and I figured it was so he could be a Jeep bro and show off to everyone. Maybe it was for the weight reduction so he can win some sweet stoplight drag races.
There is a guy with a diesel swapped Wranger that lives around my town that thinks his jeep is quick. One day I watched him almost cause a head on collision going around a Chevy traverse from a red light. I would love to go against him one day.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Was it the Q50 Red Sport? I guess it had to be cause the 2.0t only makes about 200hp and the 3.0t (trim below the red sport) makes 300hp and weighs 3,700 lbs.

BTW thats a $48,000 car right there... probably a bit more

Yes it was :thumbsup: (says so in the original story :p)

This is the best. True car guys. Whether I win or lose, always love to chat.

It's always the worst when someone gets butthurt after a loss...

This thread is entertaining to read through so I figured I'd add my small contribution.

An hour ago when I was running an errand to the bank a dude in a Jeep Wrangler tried to get me to race. This guy had a 4 dr "Moab" Wrangler with all the Jeep bro things ie lifted, huge tires, big metal bumpers, LED light bar, winch, high lift, etc. He was driving really aggressively on a small (45mph speed limit) road in a decent amount of traffic. At a stop light he motioned for me to roll down my window and said "You think you're fast?" He proceeded to ask if I wanted to run later and put money on it :iono:. I politely declined. Wonder what he was smoking to think he could take me with his auto trans, 4,500lb+ 4x4. I wish I had been in Mexico so I could have made some easy money :D.

Oh, he had all the doors off his Jeep and I figured it was so he could be a Jeep bro and show off to everyone. Maybe it was for the weight reduction so he can win some sweet stoplight drag races.

There is a guy with a diesel swapped Wranger that lives around my town that thinks his jeep is quick. One day I watched him almost cause a head on collision going around a Chevy traverse from a red light. I would love to go against him one day.

Wtf is wrong with Wranglers? I've had 2 try me, I don't get it...
I get to a red light that one is sitting at and was lined up next to him, it was an older jeep, looked like he just got done mudding it, and he revved it. I looked and laughed thinking it was a joke, but he was serious. I took off gently from the light and he's balls to the wall, and he's not going anywhere. I got it into second so I wasn't going to kill my tires and rolled into it and kbaifelicia.
He turned at the next possible intersection.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Yes it was :thumbsup: (says so in the original story :p)

It's always the worst when someone gets butthurt after a loss...

Wtf is wrong with Wranglers? I've had 2 try me, I don't get it...
I get to a red light that one is sitting at and was lined up next to him, it was an older jeep, looked like he just got done mudding it, and he revved it. I looked and laughed thinking it was a joke, but he was serious. I took off gently from the light and he's balls to the wall, and he's not going anywhere. I got it into second so I wasn't going to kill my tires and rolled into it and kbaifelicia.
He turned at the next possible intersection.

I had some frat bro in his base sport model revving his engine at me while I'm stopped at a light. Like I should be impressed with revving an engine with the exact same car I rented in Cancun :laugh:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Had a stop light race with some guy in an X3 35d. We were both first in light and I needed to make a right at the next intersection, so I was sitting on left lane. Put it on sport mode and gave about 60-70% shifting at 5k until I reached 45, BMW somehow tried to race me and pulled up over one car space, then he fly bys me at 55 on a 35 when the next light was red :lol:

93serprise

Ready to race!
I have read all 215 pages of this thread, and chuckled many times over the absurdity of people in general. Here is my first story ! I was headed back to work yesterday from Subway, and approached some railroad tracks. Out of habit, I slowed down a tad going over the tracks and this D-bag in his jacked up F150 floored his gas pedal and went around me with a shitty look on his Duck Dynasty-esque face. I guess he didn't like me slowing down a mile or two in front of him. We both end up at the red light a little further up. He rolls his window down, sticks his unkempt head out and proceeds to tell me how slow my car is compared to his truck and how he is going to show me that my German car is inferior. I NEVER street race...ever. I drive spiritedly, but never against another car. I was feeling a little ballsy though, and silently laughed while getting ready for the challenge. The light turns green, he floors it and I modulate the lower gears while giving him a lead. In 3rd gear, I floor it and quickly surpass his distance and then some. The look in his side view mirror as I gained on him was priceless indeed. I slowed back down to the speed limit after putting bus loads of space in between us, and see him gunning his truck again. As he passes me going at least 20-25 mph over, I see an officer on a motorcycle pointing his speed gun in our direction. I had the biggest smile knowing that this guy was about to hate life. The funny thing is that I work IT for the county, and knowing that a co-worker pulled that asshole over made my day. Cool Story Bros !

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I have read all 215 pages of this thread, and chuckled many times over the absurdity of people in general. Here is my first story ! I was headed back to work yesterday from Subway, and approached some railroad tracks. Out of habit, I slowed down a tad going over the tracks and this D-bag in his jacked up F150 floored his gas pedal and went around me with a shitty look on his Duck Dynasty-esque face. I guess he didn't like me slowing down a mile or two in front of him. We both end up at the red light a little further up. He rolls his window down, sticks his unkempt head out and proceeds to tell me how slow my car is compared to his truck and how he is going to show me that my German car is inferior. I NEVER street race...ever. I drive spiritedly, but never against another car. I was feeling a little ballsy though, and silently laughed while getting ready for the challenge. The light turns green, he floors it and I modulate the lower gears while giving him a lead. In 3rd gear, I floor it and quickly surpass his distance and then some. The look in his side view mirror as I gained on him was priceless indeed. I slowed back down to the speed limit after putting bus loads of space in between us, and see him gunning his truck again. As he passes me going at least 20-25 mph over, I see an officer on a motorcycle pointing his speed gun in our direction. I had the biggest smile knowing that this guy was about to hate life. The funny thing is that I work IT for the county, and knowing that a co-worker pulled that asshole over made my day. Cool Story Bros !

:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Tony48

Go Kart Champion

:bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll: Truck owners crack me up. So many of them drive like aggressive a**holes and think their huge truck is actually fast. Just because your truck has a 1 million liter displacement, gets 7 mpg, and can tow a space shuttle in a commercial or some equally useless feat doesn't mean you can/should try to race it.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
:bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll: Truck owners crack me up. So many of them drive like aggressive a**holes and think their huge truck is actually fast. Just because your truck has a 1 million liter displacement, gets 7 mpg, and can tow a space shuttle in a commercial or some equally useless feat doesn't mean you can/should try to race it.

Agreed. One time I was waiting at a light and needed to get over to the left lane to make the turn to my house. There's this huge white truck next to me on the left windows down blasting music. Looking over at me the whole time. I put it in manual mode and ease into the gas nothing fast at all I just wanted a little push to get over and of course he floored it and prevented me from getting over.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

It's a good thing work is so slow that I checked my old forum and get to see this shit. I bet he was pissed and hitting his dash hard.:happyanim:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Just got back from Maui, saw a total of 4 VW's...that's it :(
1 Tiguan, at a rental place.
1 Mk7 GTI that was definitely a locals car, looked good.
1 Mk6 GTI.
1 Mk6 CC.

That was sad...we drove quite a bit to get to all the places we were going, and although that wasn't my main objective and I spent a lot of time in the water and not looking for cars, I was seriously disappointed at how few there are. Toyota's though, especially Tacoma's, shit...they are EVERYWHERE. I understand why with the way the roads are I guess, but still.

Sad Story Bro.

Last edited:

Chris659

Ready to race!
Took the car in today for an oil change and was told I'm getting some "weepage" from the RMS and a slight boost leak from green o-ring at TOP/ IC hose. Fun!

So as I got on the interstate heading home tonight there was a Challenger riding some guys butt in front of him on the on ramp. At the top of the on ramp he downshifts and floors it. Expecting that to happen I just so happen to have already been in the right gear. So I pounce on him and instantly leave several bus lengths between us! All of a sudden he quickly gets over to the right and takes the next exit LOL
Now I know it wasn't a 392 or SRT8 but it sure was fun shaming that big ole turd. Pretty sure it was just a V6 with loud exhaust bc it was making a lot of noise but wasn't going anywhere

I've never been so happy to hear I have a slight oil leak from the RMS though! It'll make it easier to explain to the wife why the car will be in the shop for a few days! Been hoarding parts and only have a few left to get. Been wondering how I was going to sneak all of this on ge car LOL

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Took the car in today for an oil change and was told I'm getting some "weepage" from the RMS and a slight boost leak from green o-ring at TOP/ IC hose. Fun!

So as I got on the interstate heading home tonight there was a Challenger riding some guys butt in front of him on the on ramp. At the top of the on ramp he downshifts and floors it. Expecting that to happen I just so happen to have already been in the right gear. So I pounce on him and instantly leave several bus lengths between us! All of a sudden he quickly gets over to the right and takes the next exit LOL
Now I know it wasn't a 392 or SRT8 but it sure was fun shaming that big ole turd. Pretty sure it was just a V6 with loud exhaust bc it was making a lot of noise but wasn't going anywhere

I've never been so happy to hear I have a slight oil leak from the RMS though! It'll make it easier to explain to the wife why the car will be in the shop for a few days! Been hoarding parts and only have a few left to get. Been wondering how I was going to sneak all of this on ge car LOL

Had both of those problems with rms and green o rings hope it gets sorted quick! And Im waiting for the right fuck boy in a v6 challenger to test me so I can smash his ego LOL