GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Integrated Engineering MK6 2.0T Performance Products Thread

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
There's not a lot of talk about the IE k04 here, or anywhere really. It's not even listed on the front page, but that appears to be outdated as the intake is listed as coming soon.

Anybody have any insight on this turbo? Anything that differentiates itself from the rest of the k04 kits?

It’s an OEM BW from the Golf R that’s been machined to have the factory location for the diverter valve and to fit the TSI. Not ported and unsure of the wastegate spring. I’ve talked to the CEO about the turbo. They actually have a company that they work with to have the turbo P&P and the compressor wheel modified and then rebalanced and set to spec if desired. Obviously at additional costs for a custom turbo. I have their stage 2 tune and intake and have nothing but good feedback and their customer support is top notch. I’ll most likely go this route if the time ever comes for an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It’s an OEM BW from the Golf R that’s been machined to have the factory location for the diverter valve and to fit the TSI. Not ported and unsure of the wastegate spring. I’ve talked to the CEO about the turbo. They actually have a company that they work with to have the turbo P&P and the compressor wheel modified and then rebalanced and set to spec if desired. Obviously at additional costs for a custom turbo. I have their stage 2 tune and intake and have nothing but good feedback and their customer support is top notch. I’ll most likely go this route if the time ever comes for an upgrade.

I see...I'm just kinda taking my time as I consider going k04. If I do it I want to go with the one that'll give me the least amount of problems, and there's a couple I'd like to avoid. I don't like CTS's customer service, I hate APR even more, and the quality control on the HPA turbo doesn't seem very good. Not interested in something like a f23 or mabotech. Not sure what other options there are, but that pretty much leaves IE and Unitronic. I think I like that IE uses the stock DV location, which also makes it a little bit cheaper than Uni.

IE is pretty much at the top of the list for me, if this is something I decide to do. It's nice to know they'll P&P it too.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I see...I'm just kinda taking my time as I consider going k04. If I do it I want to go with the one that'll give me the least amount of problems, and there's a couple I'd like to avoid. I don't like CTS's customer service, I hate APR even more, and the quality control on the HPA turbo doesn't seem very good. Not interested in something like a f23 or mabotech. Not sure what other options there are, but that pretty much leaves IE and Unitronic. I think I like that IE uses the stock DV location, which also makes it a little bit cheaper than Uni.

IE is pretty much at the top of the list for me, if this is something I decide to do. It's nice to know they'll P&P it too.

I’m in the exact same boat as you. Luckily there are a lot of feedback on the other turbos out there and I have to agree that avoiding CTS turbo and APR is the best decision. APR is over priced and there software seems questionable for long term drivability. CTS Turbo’s design sucks with that stupid silicone coupler. Someone just had to replace it on their car and was a pain to get it replaced it seemed.

The IE seems the reasonable choice for the price and less hoses getting routed around your engine bay. Unitronic seems nice but you are then stuck having to get it with their software.

It would be an easier jump for me since I already have their software and flashing dongle. Even if you didn’t want to have their outsourced company P&P it there are others to choose from that do great work.

After reading through multiple forums and talking with IE’s CEO it seems like a P&P and maybe even having the compressor wheel clipped might be a good route to go. I don’t really have a desire to go big turbo and do an engine build. At that point I’d rather just upgrade to a different vehicle.

IE has great customer service and stand behind their products. They are car enthusiasts just like us.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
IE has great customer service and stand behind their products. They are car enthusiasts just like us.

Aye, I only have their air intake, but I've followed them for a bit and I've seen they're a stand up company with excellent customer service. Every product they make seems to be well made with reasonable pricing too. Definitely one of the better companies out there that make and sell parts for our cars.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Setting up to do a full review on the DSG and ECU tunes! Will be posted in the coming weeks.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
There's not a lot of talk about the IE k04 here, or anywhere really. It's not even listed on the front page, but that appears to be outdated as the intake is listed as coming soon.

Anybody have any insight on this turbo? Anything that differentiates itself from the rest of the k04 kits?

I've had their K04 for about a year now. Can't say much comparison wise because I never rode in another K04 and obviously tune would affect the performance. Car is strong when I give it a go but again, everything can affect that.

I also have more mods than allowed to list in my sig so I don't only got what is going on below, lol.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Full review and Dyno of the IE Ecu tune

:burnrubber:
CLICK
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117581

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Any reviews on the K04 tune?

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
^ I've had it for a few months now on 91 octane. I originally had an issue with it after my K04 install (no boost) but after some back-and-forth, they corrected the issue in the tune itself. Pulls pretty hard in upper gears but breaks the tires loose or the TC steps in and cuts power here in the rainy PNW.... When it is dry she can break both tires loose through first (and second if manually shifting) Third is sublime... But also has me looking at AWD/RWD platforms since putting the power down from a dig is tricky even with an LSD.