GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

smanierre

Autocross Champion
South bend stage 2 endurance

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Anyone has any experience with a stage 5 mk4 Golf TDI?

How fast are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Looking into possibly running a coolant temp gauge so I can see the actual temp vs the dummy gauge on the dash. Anyone know if there is an adapter or a second spot for the temp sensor? CCTA GTI

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
So I have 2 dumb questions...

1.) People with boost gauge, have you guys ever have the hose coming off the in-line filter when you hit peak boost? Mine has been doing that lately, it used to be fine... I have a Podi gauge

2.) anyone knows how hard is it to replace the 12V power outlet? I think there’s a shirt in mine because everytime I try to plug my phone charger in it blew the fuse

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i do not have such a gauge but have heard of this happening. might be clogged filter?

the outlet itself or the wiring to it? i imagine the outlet itself is easier than the wiring. try a different charging cable too?

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
i do not have such a gauge but have heard of this happening. might be clogged filter?

the outlet itself or the wiring to it? i imagine the outlet itself is easier than the wiring. try a different charging cable too?

That’s what I thought at first too, so I replaced it with a new filter and it’s still doing that, maybe the hose are getting bad, I’ll try to cut 2” of that end and see if it work...

And I’m pretty sure it’s the outlet itself that is shorting out, I’ve tried different charger and they all blew the fuse

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I had to double zip tie mine. The increase in boost levels proved to be a match for a single zip tie. Also, use some pliers to close the zip tie on the hose.
So I have 2 dumb questions...

1.) People with boost gauge, have you guys ever have the hose coming off the in-line filter when you hit peak boost? Mine has been doing that lately, it used to be fine... I have a Podi gauge

2.) anyone knows how hard is it to replace the 12V power outlet? I think there’s a shirt in mine because everytime I try to plug my phone charger in it blew the fuse

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
And I’m pretty sure it’s the outlet itself that is shorting out, I’ve tried different charger and they all blew the fuse

Might be a stupid question, but there's nothing sitting at the bottom of the outlet is there? I had a penny fall into one once and everytime I tried to put my charger into it the fuse would blow.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
I had to double zip tie mine. The increase in boost levels proved to be a match for a single zip tie. Also, use some pliers to close the zip tie on the hose.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks ! That’s a good idea ! I’ll try that !

Might be a stupid question, but there's nothing sitting at the bottom of the outlet is there? I had a penny fall into one once and everytime I tried to put my charger into it the fuse would blow.

I’m pretty sure there is not but I’ll double check

FF_animal

Ready to race!
I think if anything metal touches the inside of the charge port other than a charger it will blow the fuse. I've had pennies and the end of a USB adapter hit the inside a few times and it always blows the fuse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Shop said it would need to remove my axle to put my downpipe in? Is this true? I had them quote me a price and they mentioned it. Ill probably do it with some friends, but was wondering if their claim is true.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Shop said it would need to remove my axle to put my downpipe in? Is this true? I had them quote me a price and they mentioned it. Ill probably do it with some friends, but was wondering if their claim is true.

Definitely not. I've installed dozens of downpipes for people and never removed them or saw any need. They aren't in the way what so ever. I'd prob research a different shop.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Ive never heard or done that before. Even with snapping 2 studs, the axle didn't have to come out

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Definitely not. I've installed dozens of downpipes for people and never removed them or saw any need. They aren't in the way what so ever. I'd prob research a different shop.

Ive never heard or done that before. Even with snapping 2 studs, the axle didn't have to come out

I probably won't go with a shop and have some friends lend me hand. I was curious how much it would be for a shop to do it so they had me stop by to give it a look over before they quoted anything, but when they mentioned that I thought I'd thought I'd double check.