GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

motor and trans mounts

ApexScooby

I have a 2012 gti DSG I'm looking to upgrade the motor and trans mounts but I'm not really sure what the difference is between the stage 1 and 2 mounts. I know its a difference in the amount of vibration they give off but will this affect the actual power of the car. I'm sorry if these are really nooby questions but I'm coming from a aircooled vw beetle and this stuff is night and day.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Stage 2 is generally a stiffer mount. Often times stage 1 is more comfortable to daily drive, but stiffer stage 2 mounts will help keep the car planted even more than stage 1 mounts, and help eliminate wheel hop better.

I have a set of the 034 street density mounts that I'm happy with. I get a little bit of extra vibrations but they make the car feel so much better. Accelerating feels better and shifts are smooth.

ApexScooby

Stage 2 is generally a stiffer mount. Often times stage 1 is more comfortable to daily drive, but stiffer stage 2 mounts will help keep the car planted even more than stage 1 mounts, and help eliminate wheel hop better.

I have a set of the 034 street density mounts that I'm happy with. I get a little bit of extra vibrations but they make the car feel so much better. Accelerating feels better and shifts are smooth.

what would you recommend for a daily/ strip car(I am ok with vibrations as I am the only driver of this car.) . I recently took my stock car to the strip just to see what it would run out of fun and I'm kinda addicted now and want to go faster lol. these cars just have a lot more parts than my old beetle so its a bit more confusing for me.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I have 034 Street Density as well and I love them. Made the car feel much more responsive and I barely noticed vibration increase. I may go with stiffer ones eventually but for now these are great

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
what would you recommend for a daily/ strip car(I am ok with vibrations as I am the only driver of this car.) . I recently took my stock car to the strip just to see what it would run out of fun and I'm kinda addicted now and want to go faster lol. these cars just have a lot more parts than my old beetle so its a bit more confusing for me.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about this stuff pops in, or do some research and searching around to find what fits you. I went with the 034 street density mounts because I just wanted something a touch better than OEM. I didn't want to go too stiff with the mounts. I don't track my car and it is my only car, so I just wanted something that would help with wheel hop without vibrating my teeth out everytime I had to drive.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
034 and BFI are you two most common mounts i see on here. 034 for OEM+ style performance... basically oem but stiffer and just giving you that little bit better.
BFI offers stage 1 or stage 2 mounts... if you are wanting to stiffen up quite a bit get the stage 2 mounts... their stage 1 is (from what ive seen/read on here) is just a little stiffer than 034 street density mounts (034 stopped offering their track density for some reason).

zrickety

The Fixer
You'll get the most bang for you buck by doing the subframe mount, either HPA or maybe 034. Then you should look at Whiteline bushings for the control arms, similar to the WALK kit but just press in bushings. Really hooks up the front end. I bought VWR mounts but haven't felt the need to put them in yet and I'm running K04 power.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You'll get the most bang for you buck by doing the subframe mount, either HPA or maybe 034. Then you should look at Whiteline bushings for the control arms, similar to the WALK kit but just press in bushings. Really hooks up the front end. I bought VWR mounts but haven't felt the need to put them in yet and I'm running K04 power.
if i spent how much VWR mounts are you best believe they would be going in the second i opened the box.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion

zrickety

The Fixer
if i spent how much VWR mounts are you best believe they would be going in the second i opened the box.
I bought them used, so got a good discount. I think they were only installed for one year. Trying to wait until I do some other upgrades at the same time.