GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Other "fees" included by the dealership....

407guy

Newbie here, first post in the forum.

I have my eye on a 2013 Autobahn.

I’ve been reading about other “fees” in addition to the destination charge: advertising, floorplan interest reserve, and port prep fees.

When owners are posting prices paid, are they including these fees?

Or do I have mis-information about them?

Thanks.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It all depends on how much of a douchebag your dealer/finance manager/general sales manager's are, that's pretty much what it boils down to.

What specific fees is a local dealership telling you they "have to" include?

407guy

No dealership yet. I was just doing some research on the pricing and read about how those other fees "will be" included.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
It's on topic but off-forum: my buddy and I went to buy this used S40 from Autobarn around Chicago (sorry I can't remember which Autobarn off the top of my head - it wasn't the cool one that deals APR tunes) and they added this "Myst" charge of nearly $900 on top of the online list price of the car. Salesmen (R32 owner so not a bad guy) said it was an air conditioning cleaning regimen they do to all their used cars. Wtf??

So we talked for a while, having come to a stalemate on the price of the car. Eventually the salesman gives and says it's a tactic they have to employ to get their online list prices down close to the dealer across the street that's doing a similarly cut-throat, dishonest practice. But unlike the other dealer, Autobarn actually has something to show for it. I said it's like a furniture manufacturer charging for assembly of their chair and not including the charge in their list price. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Anyways, the sun went down before the dealer gave in and took Myst off the transaction. No way he was going to pay for F'king Myst. :mad:

Sent via Tapatalk, butchered by autocorrect

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
No dealership yet. I was just doing some research on the pricing and read about how those other fees "will be" included.

again, it will vary by dealer- some states also have max legal amounts for documentation charges and/or "setups", anything else is usually just a an "add-on" from the dealer.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It's on topic but off-forum: my buddy and I went to buy this used S40 from Autobarn around Chicago (sorry I can't remember which Autobarn off the top of my head - it wasn't the cool one that deals APR tunes) and they added this "Myst" charge of nearly $900 on top of the online list price of the car. Salesmen (R32 owner so not a bad guy) said it was an air conditioning cleaning regimen they do to all their used cars. Wtf??

So we talked for a while, having come to a stalemate on the price of the car. Eventually the salesman gives and says it's a tactic they have to employ to get their online list prices down close to the dealer across the street that's doing a similarly cut-throat, dishonest practice. But unlike the other dealer, Autobarn actually has something to show for it. I said it's like a furniture manufacturer charging for assembly of their chair and not including the charge in their list price. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Anyways, the sun went down before the dealer gave in and took Myst off the transaction. No way he was going to pay for F'king Myst. :mad:

Sent via Tapatalk, butchered by autocorrect

haha yeah.... they're are some charges that chain likes to add here and there - I'd never buy a new car from them, but haven't heard of this used "charge" before.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
haha yeah.... they're are some charges that chain likes to add here and there - I'd never buy a new car from them, but haven't heard of this used "charge" before.

If you have a good relationship with their sales people it isn't a problem. Every time I go in to buy a car they take off the mist/autobarn package/interior prep before we even start negotiating. If anyone sees a car they want from Autobarn let me know.

407guy

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I test drove a 2012 GTI today. I like, I like it alot. :thumbsup:

Probably will wait closer to the end of the month (and year) to see what deal I can get on a 2013.

Keep the replies coming though.

:w00t:

VeeDubDude66

I just bought a '13 GTI...the only add-ons to the sales price were:

Sales Tax
Electronic filing fee for plate/registration
Admin Fee