GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 gti starting issues

Cbozman22

After some internet searching. Pumps fail when they are hot. So the warmer temps is what causes failing pumps to have more problems however if the pump was failing i would think it might fire up but then sputter out and die at some point if left idling.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It kind of does want to occasionally I have to give it gas when I start it to get it to fire up all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbozman22

It kind of does want to occasionally I have to give it gas when I start it to get it to fire up all the way

Probably going to try the fuel pump when I get some money and see what that does

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Was also thinking maybe the fuel filter could be the issue

Filter is easy diy if u haven't replaced in the last 50k miles I'd replace it anyways. Just know if u open the driver side door that primes the pump so you'll get a face full of gas if ur not careful. I always wait over night then without opening driver car door replace filter I use a gas can to collect gas then pour it back into tank.

Cbozman22

Filter is easy diy if u haven't replaced in the last 50k miles I'd replace it anyways. Just know if u open the driver side door that primes the pump so you'll get a face full of gas if ur not careful. I always wait over night then without opening driver car door replace filter I use a gas can to collect gas then pour it back into tank.

I’ll give it a try thanks for the tips

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Probably going to try the fuel pump when I get some money and see what that does

If I'm correct this would be the low pressure pump not the high pressure.

Cbozman22

Okay so update on the car still need some help with it but I have more info so I went to a dealership with my friend and they offered to check my cel codes for me when they did it came up with 7 codes all having something to do with the bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensor it also had something like stuck lean and when I had them clear the codes it started up perfectly every time for about 4 hours then the code came back on, any suggestions maybe I should change o2 sensor?