GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Never the same - What to do?

VWGuy19

Passed Driver's Ed
So about a month and a half ago now I was stopped at a red light when someone rear ended me hard. Must have been going 60km/h and pretty much destroyed the rear. The whole hatch, bumper etc had to be replaced. Now I finally picked it up today but there seems to be more issues with the car then there were before the accident.

I've noticed while driving that when accelerating once you hit around 2000rpm it seems to "lag" a bit or stick before kicking back in and it'll do this on occasion. Added to that when I've started breaking from higher speeds (about 90km/h and up) the brake pedal seems to vibrate under my foot in which it never did before, which concerns me the most at the moment and lastly - the car drifts to the left which is clearly due to the alignment being off. Turning also seems to be stiffer but that may be due to the fact that I drove a rental car for the past 1.5 months and it was a different feel.

The repair shop that did they work I personally never heard of since there are so many in Toronto and I wasn't sure of their reputation but they left the car dusty as hell on the inside which I will now need detailed and cleaned and all these problems have arise. What exactly do I do because this was handled through insurance - I plan to call back and express my concerns and displeasure.

Anyone know of anything else I can do? Or if you have any clue as to what the problems seem to be or where they could be leading from?

Thanks
VWGuy19

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Out here there are pretty strong laws protecting insurance bearers that ensure that the repair shop does a good job... I'd try to go through insurance and see if they can push the shop.

VWGuy19

Passed Driver's Ed
To be honest, after seeing the shop a couple times and what not I wouldn't ever consider taking it back there.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
To be honest, after seeing the shop a couple times and what not I wouldn't ever consider taking it back there.

Well the only other option would be to take it to another shop and seeing if they can rectify the fuck up of the other shop.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Call your insurance company and document the issues and your dissatisfaction.

Since you were rear ended, I assume the other parties insurance took care of costs? It sounds like you will incur additional costs to correct your car and your insurance company should assist you with collecting.

Uberryan

Banned

Since you were rear ended, I assume the other parties insurance took care of costs? It sounds like you will incur additional costs to correct your car and your insurance company should assist you with collecting.

This.

If the rear was destroyed, the car should rightfully have been totaled, and you should've been paid out. I would look into several claims if Canada has these laws, for accident depreciation, and the like. If the car is worked on again, have all costs be absorbed by your insurance first, who will submit claims to the faulted party. Let them fight it out. I believe you do have the right to use whichever shop you want, so long as it's approved by either VW, or by the insurance company.

VWGuy19

Passed Driver's Ed

Well I'm going to be calling the insurance company today and placing my complaint. Now that it's sunny outside I can even see there's still a dent in one of the dual exhaust outlets at the back of the car.

However even though I was rear ended, the other parties insurance did NOT cover the fault due to our lack of "legal judgement" I'll say. The guy rear ended me which had strong enough force to move me into the rear of another car but the party who hit me from behind claimed HE got hit from behind and the driver who hit him fled the scene. His car had a few scratches but those looked like they had been there for a while. At the end of the day my whole rear pretty much had to replaced while he front had absolutely no damage (was a bigger, higher car) so at least the damage was no visible. So without enough evidence it was ruled as No fault and then my insurance company has to cover my repairs.

I would assume they will still cover any additional costs however.
VWGuy19

BeauG

Ready to race!
That sucks man. There's no way someone "fled the scene" if he hit someone hard enough to hit another person hard enough to hit you hard enough to hit someone else. (lol confusing). My bet is the asshole behind you was at fault, if someone had hit HIM hard enough to cause all that they would probably be dead or the car would at least be unable to drive under its own power.

I wish you luck though!

VWGuy19

Passed Driver's Ed
That sucks man. There's no way someone "fled the scene" if he hit someone hard enough to hit another person hard enough to hit you hard enough to hit someone else. (lol confusing). My bet is the asshole behind you was at fault, if someone had hit HIM hard enough to cause all that they would probably be dead or the car would at least be unable to drive under its own power.

I wish you luck though!

Thanks man, much appreciated. I would have thought the same thing but "lack" of evidence to prove a fourth vehicle was or was not present made it be ruled as no fault.

Uberryan

Banned
Thanks man, much appreciated. I would have thought the same thing but "lack" of evidence to prove a fourth vehicle was or was not present made it be ruled as no fault.

I always thought that no matter what, if you were at the end of a conga line of an accident, you were faulted. Regardless of if you were struck yourself. Seen it happen dozens of times here in the states. The person at the end just runs. That's sometimes worked out as a fraud plan.