GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ticket Help

lostk

Ready to race!
Yeah, good point. Depending where the OP lives, public trans could be damn near impossible or very inconvenient and not line up with his schedule.

It's one of those "should of thought of that, before you _______".

but hes 17...some ppl have to learn it the hard way...dont think its constructive to scrutinize his upbringing...just dislike much of the tone presented in this thread against him...

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed
but hes 17...some ppl have to learn it the hard way...dont think its constructive to scrutinize his upbringing...just dislike much of the tone presented in this thread against him...

You seem to hate me, not sure why. Im not trying to be an asshole, I get that I broke the law and cant just "get away with it". Just trying to get peoples inputs on what to do. Sorry I dont want my entire summer ruined because of one small, stupid mistake :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostk

Ready to race!
You seem to hate me, not sure why. Im not trying to be an asshole, I get that I broke the law and cant just "get away with it". Just trying to get peoples inputs on what to do. Sorry I dont want my entire summer ruined because of one small, stupid mistake :)

na man...im defending u..re-read again...:thumbsup:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
i agree...who's never gotten a speeding ticket when they were a teenager? The laws in that state just a bit harsher...can't hate cause dude has an R @ 16 or 17... kudos to the parents that trust him with that much power. It's a harsh lesson to learn at any age to have your licence suspended. At least he wasn't doing 90 or 100... 70 in a 60 isn't that bad.

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed
i agree...who's never gotten a speeding ticket when they were a teenager? The laws in that state just a bit harsher...can't hate cause dude has an R @ 16 or 17... kudos to the parents that trust him with that much power. It's a harsh lesson to learn at any age to have your licence suspended. At least he wasn't doing 90 or 100... 70 in a 60 isn't that bad.

Yeah, i guess im also a little bit mad because one of my friends got pulled over going 93 in a 55 and he only lost his license for 20 days. A few of my friends have had that because they live in NH. Lesson definetly learned

lostk

Ready to race!
Yeah, i guess im also a little bit mad because one of my friends got pulled over going 93 in a 55 and he only lost his license for 20 days. A few of my friends have had that because they live in NH. Lesson definetly learned

no ones perfect...just chalk it up as a hard lesson learned...it sux but gotta pay 2 play bro...good luck & hope it works out for you in the end....

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Most people id understand this, but school for me is over 40 miles away, work being 20, and the nearest bus station is around 25 miles. Uber would be my only option but thats ridiculously expensive to do every single day.

So you need to talk to the prosecutor and try to get a deal worked out in advance. Let him know it was a stupid mistake. Let him know you are happy to do a safety course if he can recommend one. Let him know you work 20 miles away, go to school 40 miles away, and don't have any public transportation options near you. Let him know you are happy to do community service or other alternatives, but you really need your license to continue your work and education.

Most prosecutors will work with you in this situation; but you have to open the door.

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed
So you need to talk to the prosecutor and try to get a deal worked out in advance. Let him know it was a stupid mistake. Let him know you are happy to do a safety course if he can recommend one. Let him know you work 20 miles away, go to school 40 miles away, and don't have any public transportation options near you. Let him know you are happy to do community service or other alternatives, but you really need your license to continue your work and education.

Most prosecutors will work with you in this situation; but you have to open the door.

Thank you for the input, didn't really think of it

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
who's never gotten a speeding ticket when they were a teenager?

Some of just get lucky lol...

About 10 years I got pulled over while going 15-20 over the speed limit and I was just about to take a hit from my pipe. The officer took my stash, smashed my pipe, and let me drive away with a verbal warning.

Last year I would have gotten my first speeding ticket at 28, but the officer let me go with a warning because of my perfect record.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion

x2

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

damn good advice, good idea to do this sooner than later too.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

Fight the ticket. No need for a lawyer. Do your research for people's experiences in your state. I've fought almost every ticket I've ever gotten and had it reduced to no points or lower points and just paid the fine.... which is really what they are after.

1.) plead NOT guilty
2.) show up to court dressed professionally.
3.) be respectful and apologetic
4.) talk to cop or prosecutor about lowering ticket to non-point violation
5.) profit

The last one I did was super smooth. I was hit for 75 in a 55. I pleaded not guilty and showed up fo my court date dressed professionally. I waited in line to see the prosecutor and when it was my turn he says "Are you disputing the violation or are you just worried about the points?". I said I just wanted to lower the points and, boom, he goes "OK, how does 9mph over limit sound? No points." I said sounds great. He said "ok, here you go. Take that to the clerk over there and pay the fine and you are all set." Thank you sir!

I didn't even need to deal with the cop. Experiences differ tho so that's why you have to research what goes on in your town to know what to expect.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Not on a horse here, I'd probably fall off. No hate from me, hate is bad for a person & I'm trying to live a good life. We ALL make mistakes & hopefully we learn from them.

Like I said before, Nick get a lawyer. Going in yourself & playing one is going to do you no good. A lawyer may be able to get you a to work & to school driving privileges. I think that really is the best you can hope for considering you already have a ticket to your name. Good luck & take this lesson to heart.