GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

white golf with white wheels

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
True story. Quite honestly, I'm almost done with this forum. I've learned about the things that I wanted to familiarize myself with and I appreciate the resource. That being said, so many negative comments from people that 1. I never asked their opinion and 2. Wouldn't say those things to my face in person... For some reason the Internet gives people the courage for boundless rudeness. Plenty of cars I don't care for on here, but don't feel the need to point it out to those who obviously like their cars because they made them that way. My mother taught me better than that.

Honestly, people are ENTITLED to their own opinions. If you don't want to hear or see other's opposing opinions, why even post up pics? No one forced you to. If we all wanted our cars to look the same, we would have kept it in STOCK form and not bother modifying it. You surely sound like you have INSECURITY issues or something. "wouldn't say those things to my face in person"......wow such a BADASS that wants/likes confrontations. :cry:

Rush Industries

Ready to race!
Honestly, people are ENTITLED to their own opinions. If you don't want to hear or see other's opposing opinions, why even post up pics? No one forced you to. If we all wanted our cars to look the same, we would have kept it in STOCK form and not bother modifying it. You surely sound like you have INSECURITY issues or something. "wouldn't say those things to my face in person"......wow such a BADASS that wants/likes confrontations. :cry:

I agree with you in one respect. It would be one thing if I posted a pic and said " Hey guys... What do you think about this?" However, making snide comments about people's cars is quite another. I posted it because the guy that started this thread asked to see photos of cars with white wheels as his girlfriend wants them. I have white wheels so I posted a generally requested photo.

Your statement about modifying cars is right on... and I couldn't have said it better myself. Which is why it is nice when somebody's car looks different than mine and vice versa. I am fine with people not appreciating or caring for how I have modified my car, it comes with the territory. For instance, you, nvturbo in particular have made many threads that helped and educated forum members about projects that you have done. That is what I think this forum should be about.

I'm not a "BADASS" or even trying to be and I didn't start or like confrontation, which is exactly my point. I would Never walk up to someone at a meet and tell them the things that I didn't like about their car. Or say something as unnecessary as "I feel bad for your car." It's just rude. I agree that everyone is ENTITLED to their opinion, I just don't see the need to make such a negative comment. If I like your car I will tell you, if I don't ,I will either just keep walking or find something about it that I do like it. I was merely saying that I feel most people wouldn't say some of the things they say on this forum to the people if they were actually talking to them face to face. Not me in particular but anyone. Out of politeness, not in a badass, you wouldn't say that to my face way because I would fight them. Obviously, I wouldn't.

It isn't weak to be polite. It isn't insecure to expect some in return. I just enjoy this forum more when it is a group of like minded people supporting and educating each other about their cars. Yes, which includes differences of opinion... That however doesn't necessarily mean that insulting remarks are helpful or welcomed.

Anyway, enough of this thread jack... Get some white wheels for your girlfriend... They can look good if you like that sort of thing.

Last edited:
... blah blah blah blah

is it your first day here? no one cares.

back to thread.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
The more and more I see the GLI, I think I want one! I have about one year least on my CC Lease......

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The more and more I see the GLI, I think I want one! I have about one year least on my CC Lease......

Off topic... but the interior of the GLI, compared to the CC, is....ummm (putting it politely)...."not as nice"

Love the looks of the GLI though