GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What exhaust gas temps EGT do you see at the track?

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Hi folks, what exhaust gas temps EGT do you see at the track? I think for normal daily driving, I notice it peak around 1400F. I will have to check tomorrow after a long drive. But on track, what do you guys see? What's NOT acceptable? Doing some searching on the internet says 1200F-1300F is acceptable. What is it for our cars?

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Hmmm...per my COBB accessport this evening where the outside temp is 40F, the EGT Manifold reads at roughly 1100F at idle, 1250-1350F cruising on the highway and 1750F peak at WOT. So it the COBB inaccurate?

Mslstudio22

My cobb AP had my manifold egt reading 2100 after a full pull to 110mph..sometimes my car will go to limp mode when its hot outside..im running f23t turbo

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
My cobb AP had my manifold egt reading 2100 after a full pull to 110mph..sometimes my car will go to limp mode when its hot outside..im running f23t turbo
I have seen mine go up to 1800d running a ko4. When I push it real hard up to 150mph it will die when I get off throttle. I usually just coast for a bit then pop the clutch and drive on. I am on a POLARIS FIS which uses an algorithm to calculate egt. Not sure how accurate it is tho. I think the COBB does the same thing?
I have also seen my oil temp up to 247 and again my car doesn't have this sensor

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Lol, my EGT's typically were 2500F+ after a track session. I gotta give that little HPA turbo credit, it took it without complaint.