GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED DRL CODING ISSUES

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Have you checked your bcm to see if plug A has pins 6 and 44? I’ve just realised I’ve given you this info before
BI-XENON HEADLIGHT HELP!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?t=116324&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol yeah I know, and I still haven’t got them to turn on unfortunately. Pin 6 on t52a goes to pin 12 on the left headlamp connector and pin 44 on t52a is a red and grey that goes to pin 10 on the right side headlamp connector.

geramy1232

Ready to race!

This is headlight connector t14F (right side)

This is headlight connector t14e(left side)

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Coding wise, if I remember correctly there is more than one “byte” that has a “bit” that needs changing to accept the led retrofit, but I just can’t get my head around what you’ve got there without actually looking at it! If you’re 100% sure the wiring is correct then it must be coding, maybe another bit needs deactivating somewhere?? Do you have the AFS and levelling etc fitted? Were your previous xenons factory fitted??

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Also are you sure that’s t52a and not t52c? And as I’ve already asked (and I suspect this is the issue) does the actual bcm have the pins in it for the LED wires??? NOT the plug, THE BCM!!

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Coding wise, if I remember correctly there is more than one “byte” that has a “bit” that needs changing to accept the led retrofit, but I just can’t get my head around what you’ve got there without actually looking at it! If you’re 100% sure the wiring is correct then it must be coding, maybe another bit needs deactivating somewhere?? Do you have the AFS and levelling etc fitted? Were your previous xenons factory fitted??

Yes the car came with the AFS and leveling fitted and the bi-xenon were factory fitted. I also just don’t know what coding to use.

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Also are you sure that’s t52a and not t52c? And as I’ve already asked (and I suspect this is the issue) does the actual bcm have the pins in it for the LED wires??? NOT the plug, THE BCM!!

T52a is the black on and t52c is the golden one. And as for the pins I believe they do since in the wiring diagram, it says that pins for the left daytime running lamp and parking led module are from t52a/6 that goes to t14e/12 and from t52c/26 to t14e/10 and my wiring is the same way so I believe it has the pins.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
T52a is the black on and t52c is the golden one. And as for the pins I believe they do since in the wiring diagram, it says that pins for the left daytime running lamp and parking led module are from t52a/6 that goes to t14e/12 and from t52c/26 to t14e/10 and my wiring is the same way so I believe it has the pins.

Check that the pins are actually there, Remember! Presumption is the mother of all f&@k ups! [emoji849]

If they are there then it’s a pretty good chance that the coding is to blame,

geramy1232

Ready to race!
I posted this earlier on your old thread by accident[emoji849], I’ve had a link to this post saved for a long time but didn’t realise I still had it! I think it could be the answer to your prayers.

Be sure to confirm your BCM has the pins needed

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?2183-Golf-MK6-Bi-Xenon-with-LED-DRL-and-AFS-retrofitted

Yeah I’ve read that post and tried the coding he has and nothing lol. I have also checked the bcm pins and they are all there. Only thing different is what I had said before. Pin 48 and 49 of t52c are supposed to be from pin 48 in pin 5 of t52a and pin 49 in pin 46 of t52c according to this diagram about the led drl headlight but that is about it.

geramy1232

Ready to race!
This is what I have currently, so According to the diagram I need to change them from 48 to 5 t52a and 49 to 46 t52c

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
All you can do is try I guess! but be sure to check those wires are the ones that go to the headlights first, if I had the car in front of me it’d be easy to sort it out but from over the internet it can become a little confusing to say the least!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Hang on! Those wires are for the xenon shutter!! Don’t move them.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I don’t think you realise that you need to ADD the led wires yourself, they won’t be there.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Pin 5 T52a (black connector) is left headlight main beam!
Pin 46 T52c (gold connector) is right headlight main beam!

Pins 48 and 49 in T52c show as vacant in ELSAWIN, it looks like you’ve already had those wires removed at some point going by the marks on the connector,

As I understand it for led drl function the

LEFT headlight pin 10 goes to pin 26 T52c,
LEFT headlight pin 12 goes to pin 6 T52a,

and

RIGHT headlight pin 10 goes to pin 44 T52a,
RIGHT headlight pin 12 goes to pin 28 T52a,

I’m pretty sure this is correct and is as the wiring diagram in ELSAWIN states!

If you don’t have pins in 26 and 44 on the bcm then you need a different one.

I don’t know if it’s your bcm or not but In this picture you posted on your other thread T52a pin 6 (red) and pin 44 (yellow) are MISSING!

Green is T52c pin 26,

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I can’t really help any further without actually having the wiring in front of me, as long as you wire the plugs as ELSAWIN states then it WILL work, providing you have the actual pins in the bcm!