GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Plac Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
My best advice is to just ignore the MPG and enjoy the car. Never look at the MPG screen again and just forget about it.

I'm at 1500 miles on the R now after buying it 2 weeks ago and I'm getting 24.5 mpg over the last 2 tanks on my commute which is down from 27-28 in the GTI. I get 26-27 in my Grand Sport if I keep my mind on fuel efficiency.... if not I'm in the 16's when I'm jumping on it.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
My best advice is to just ignore the MPG and enjoy the car. Never look at the MPG screen again and just forget about it.

I'm at 1500 miles on the R now after buying it 2 weeks ago and I'm getting 24.5 mpg over the last 2 tanks on my commute which is down from 27-28 in the GTI. I get 26-27 in my Grand Sport if I keep my mind on fuel efficiency.... if not I'm in the 16's when I'm jumping on it.

thats the best advice, and something it took me 2 weeks to realize. if i was 90% freeway i'd be at 18mpg, but i degress..

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I've watched about 100 of your YouTube videos lately, so you should be getting a decent check from them to pay for some gas.

ROFL. true dat.. I have about $85 this month.

JhnR

Banned
Well who gets this car and looks at the MPG...

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
You always look at MPG no matter what car you drive. Interesting we get the same mileage. But my driving is 100% city, so that makes sense. Only was getting 19 in the GTI anyways.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
You always look at MPG no matter what car you drive. Interesting we get the same mileage. But my driving is 100% city, so that makes sense. Only was getting 19 in the GTI anyways.

ah i read only like a 2 mpg difference in our 2 v8's somewhere also. it does make me keep my foot off the pedal most of the time, ill tell you that. i can't have fun at every stoplight like i did with my GTI.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
You poor American boys and your MPG discussions haha

Sent from my iPhone with typos

I could care less what mileage I get. Of course you pay attention to it though. If I suddenly get a drop, then I know some shit is up. Plus, 5 mpg less than in the GTI and having 170 hp more (270 for Plac) and V8 sound is absolutely fine by me. I honestly thought I would get worse.

I've also noticed it going up slightly to close to 15 and 15+ since I've hit 1,000 miles.

BTW, I think your GTI is one of the cleanest ones I've ever seen.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I could care less what mileage I get. Of course you pay attention to it though. If I suddenly get a drop, then I know some shit is up. Plus, 5 mpg less than in the GTI and having 170 hp more (270 for Plac) and V8 sound is absolutely fine by me. I honestly thought I would get worse.

I've also noticed it going up slightly to close to 15 and 15+ since I've hit 1,000 miles.

BTW, I think your GTI is one of the cleanest ones I've ever seen.

Sounds awesome. Yup the drop in mpg is probably worth it. After all you knew it before buying the car.

Thanks man! I love the VW, but I am getting a v8 for my next car for a change...possibly a 5.0 in that smurf blue.

If only I could get over how common the cars are plus the interior. I guess with some tasteful exterior work it would be unique.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
You poor American boys and your MPG discussions haha

haha.. especially considering we technically pay some of the lowest prices for gas in the world.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
We're just lucky we didnt buy AWD Chargers... bet it drops another 2 just for that..

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Well who gets this car and looks at the MPG...

When you fill up an average of 3.5-4 times a week with 18 gallons @ $4.25ish like I do, you don't want to look. :lol:

However, it beats the 8 months I commuted in my Z71 Silverado when Unleaded was $4.75/gallon. :p

haha.. especially considering we technically pay some of the lowest prices for gas in the world.

But to counter that, we do often drive a hell of a lot more than the guys that pay per liter of gas what we do for a gallon.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
As I hardwire my detector in the next couple days i learned something new about my detector. The rear facing sensor is only for laser. Thats weird.. how often do you get lasered from behind? Doesnt make much sense. The issue came up because with my visor clip mount, the top sensor is mashed into the visor and is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.