GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steve Perry Motorsports out of business?

light-spigot!

just purchased a cbe system for my mk6 R from ecs and it ships with an adapter for the gti not the R. ecs tells me they don't have the correct adapter.

last november the drivespm site was showing multiple interchangeable parts and is now defunct and the phone is out of order.

anyone know if they are still in business or if someone bought their operation?

the sites says parts will be made in usa by end of 2016 but the system info is gone.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
You'll have to go through ECS for all contact. There's been a bunch of drama surrounding spm, ECS is now the sole distributor and seems to be handling all their communications too. Good luck, others have had a lot of trouble getting any sort of resolution with spm products.

This is correct. ECS purchased the rights to all the SPM stuff, so if they don't have it there isn't much you can do. I'd return it and ask for a full refund if that's the case.

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Got all my SPM stuff from ECS with no issues back in October. Still need to fiddle with the tips as they're a little crooked.

GuiltySpark

Passed Driver's Ed
When I emailed them about getting a 200 cell cat I got this response.

From: Drive SPM - Information Steve Petty Motorsports [mailto:info@drivespm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 2:22 PM
To: Christopher *****
Subject: Re: SPM 200 Cell Cat

Christopher
Sorry for the delayed response we have been traveling. I don't think we have any cats in stock. You can check sales@ecstuning.com they were our exclusive distributer and that agreement is coming to and end. Im not sure they will have stock, we won't until around september.

Thank you,

Steve Petty Motorsports

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Steve Perry, lol.

light-spigot!

SPM expects to have inventory available to ship EOM August ... and maybe a new phone number?

audi_ence1

ECS Tuning is selling out all remaining SPM exhaust products.

I just picked up the Golf R Axle back and the Muffler for my GTI.

Prices are more than 75% off MSRP. Some were 90% off MSRP.

Mk6GtiKid203

I keep hearing that SPM is no longer gonna be making exhausts or that theyre going out of business. I dont understand why people keep sayin this becuase i emailed them and they said yea they are no longer doing business with ECS, but they will he getting inventory back in round september/october. People are just quick to assume i guess. I snagged the down. Pipe and the j pipe along with v band clamps for madd cheap

light-spigot!

this thread from september offers more insight into their business status and lame customer service.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95791

what business turns off their phone because of a distribuion agreement?

replacing their exhaust with a milltek cast downpipe system or a 42dd, just cuz

Last edited:

light-spigot!

sarcasm? refering to spm?

maybe for a valved axle back, but when i asked which way the offset middle pipe between the cat and rear section was designed to be installed i got this bullshit response about how "it's fairly straight forward to install". like just answering the question was a bother. after trying each way twice it still hangs too low and scrapes. i suggested they laser etch the flow direction and provide alignment marks to ease assembly of the v-bands

at least 42dd has installation advice/instructions if novice installer questions come up. i like to know which way the design was intended rather than resort to trial and error when i'm crawling under a car on jackstands for 2 hours. maybe they need a distribution chanel of installers then they can expect someone in a garage with a lift to sell.