GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI Accessport & Accesstuner Updates - New OTS Maps, New Tables, New Monitors

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
x2.

I only pump 93, and still worry about the quality of the fuel.

Dis x3.

I WOULD NEVER run 87 or 89 for that matter.

I had to put in 92 octane in once (WAWA is weird) and i felt so bad for doing so.

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
Is left foot braking allowed with Cobb? Cause it would be nice if this feature is available to me when i track my car.

these car has a limiter on when you can apply the brake and gas pedal at the same time. I believe that's what he is asking about. correct?

if so it can be tuned via Cobb. more so adjusted.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, i meant like when you try to gas and brake at the same time. The ECU will just cut power. What I'm trying to ask is does COBB offer something similar to APR where it allows left foot braking while your right foot is still on the gas. This braking techniques helps a lot when i track.

hopefully Cobb can chime in and verify faster, but i looked at a table that would allow you to do that in ATP. but havent messed with it yet. if you are on CObb already and willing to try it out, let me know.

I see. I don't have Cobb yet, but i'm just looking at my options at the moment. The big selling point with Cobb to me is their offer of AccessTuner where i can get a custom tune for the combination of parts that i have.

The left foot braking thing isn't a feature that will turn me down, but it would be nice to have it especially for people that drags(brake boosting) or track.

Just want to come back and update you all on this. I just verified with one of my Testers after modifying his tune for this functionality.

Yes, left foot braking while manipulating the throttle can be done and is available via Cobb AP. if anyone wants this functionality enabled in their tune, drop me an email and we can work it out.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Dealer says it wont hurt the car and my car runs perfectly fine on it.

Its your ride.. Congrats on saving a few bucks here and there.PS your dealer sounds like a idiot.

Any support for the MED 17.5.2 ECU and will we see some k04 results any time soon?

THIS! Want to know when Cobb will release for 17.5.2 ECU... I want to GLI tuned. Even if i have to send ECU to be bench flashed (first) then able to use port flash..

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
I wonder why the 17.5.2 ECU is such a huge hurdle for Cobb and why there seems to be a lack of K04 tune results posted anywhere for the Cobb AP on the 2.0TSI.

Last edited:

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
***Please check Post #1 for most recent updates. This post is archived information.***

In an effort to offer the most comprehensive tuning solution available for the Mk6 Volkswagen GTI, we are excited to announce our first major update to Accessport firmware, Accesstuner, and Off The Shelf Maps for the 2010-2014 Volkswagen GTI.

Accessport Firmware Updates (1.7.3.0-12306)

Firmware updates to the AP3-VLK-001 Accessport consists of new Off The Shelf Maps and various updates to Monitors available for live viewing and data logging. In order to update Accessport firmware, download and install Accessport Manager.

V102 Off The Shelf Maps

While calibration data in the v102 maps remains the same, there are some minor updates to all map files including minor bugs in descriptions and correcting torque reduction requests on the 115AS ROM. A complete list of changes can be found on the Map Notes Page.

Map Files Available:
  • Anti-Theft Mode v100.ptm
  • Stage0 v100.ptm
  • Stage1 91 High Boost v102.ptm
  • Stage1 91 v102.ptm
  • Stage1 93 High Boost v102.ptm
  • Stage1 93 v102.ptm
  • Stage1+ 91 v102.ptm
  • Stage1+ 93 v102.ptm
  • Stage2 91 v102.ptm
  • Stage2 93 v102.ptm
  • Valet Mode v100.ptm
Accessport Monitor Updates

Additional monitor conversion support:
  • "Torque (Actual)" now converts from nm to ft-lbs
  • "Rail Pressure" now converts from MpA to PSI
  • "Airflow Rate (Nominal)" now coverts from dm3/s to ft3/m (CFM)
  • "Fuel Flow" now coverts from ML/s to G/m
New Monitors:
  • "Pre-Throttle Boost Pressure"
  • "EGR Filling"
  • "EGR Pressure"
  • "Filling to Pressure Factor"
  • "WGDC PID Result"
  • "WG CAN Target Pressure Ratio"
Other Updates:
  • Added "AFR Commanded" (Final)
  • Updated AFR monitors precision from 3 to 2, changed name of "Target Boost" to "Target Manifold Boost".
  • The Boost Monitor is now based off of Pre-Throttle Boost Pressure for improved accuracy.
  • Boost Error monitor corrected to display correct value.
  • "WG I Factor" & "WG P Factor" monitors corrected to display the correct value.
  • Removed superfluous monitors: "Target Boost Pressure (Filtered)" and "Target Boost Ratio"
For a complete list of Volkswagen Monitors, see the Volkswagen Monitor List.

Accesstuner Pro Updates (1.9.1.0-12372)

New Tables

Wastegate Duty Cycle Control:
  • Overboost Detection Time (TDPVDKNG)
  • "Wastegate Duty Ambient Pressure Correction"
  • Minimum I-component (IREGMIN)
  • Maximum I-component (IREGMAX)
  • Wastegate Duty Cycle Output Table (KFTVPWG1Q)
  • Misc: Removed WGDC Feed Forward tables

HPFP Table Support:
  • HPFP Displacement Volume (VHDP)
  • Radius of HPFP Piston (RQUAHDPK)

Injection Timing:
  • Injection Scaling (KRKATE)
  • Injection End Angle 1 (KFWEHK2K1)
  • Injection End Angle 2 (KFWEHP2K1)
  • Injection Start Angle 1 (KFWBHO1SLE)
  • Injection Start Angle 2 (KFWBHO1SWE)
  • Injection Start Angle 3 (KFWBHO1SS)
  • Injection Start Angle 4 (KFWBHO1SWS)
  • Maximum Injection Angle Intake Stroke (KFWBHO1SMX)
  • Offset Angle Correction EOI (KFWESABGRM)

Monitor Updates(Same as Accessport section above)

Additional monitor conversion support:
  • "Torque (Actual)" now converts from nm to ft-lbs
  • "Rail Pressure" now converts from MpA to PSI
  • "Airflow Rate (Nominal)" now coverts from dm3/s to ft3/m (CFM)
  • "Fuel Flow" now coverts from ML/s to G/m
New Monitors:
  • "Pre-Throttle Boost Pressure"
  • "EGR Filling"
  • "EGR Pressure"
  • "Filling to Pressure Factor"
  • "WGDC PID Result"
  • "WG CAN Target Pressure Ratio"
Other Updates:
  • Added "AFR Commanded" (Final)
  • Updated AFR monitors precision from 3 to 2, changed name of "Target Boost" to "Target Manifold Boost".
  • The Boost Monitor is now based off of Pre-Throttle Boost Pressure for improved accuracy.
  • Boost Error monitor corrected to display correct value.
  • "WG I Factor" & "WG P Factor" monitors corrected to display the correct value.
  • Removed superfluous monitors: "Target Boost Pressure (Filtered)" and "Target Boost Ratio"

Added unit conversion support for monitors in Accesstuner. This can be found by browsing to the "Display" tab under the Configure Options menu option.

STEIGS

Retuned to 93 highboost v103 and I always run 93 oct, Pulls harder everywhere more pull up high unfortunately smoked my clutch racing an MK5 but is needed when I go franken turbo.

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
There was a minor issue in the July 27th release - Engine On/Off Detection was defaulted to Off. Firmware version 1.7.3.0-12911 addresses this issue.

Marshall@COBB

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
I will get the updated stuff on the AP tonight and I will be responding to Adam@COBB (with whom I have ongoing correspondence regarding the Auto on/off feature) with my findings this weekend.