GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gareth's MK6 GTI

Gareth_wv_05

Hi everyone, I was once on this forum before for a while with my old MK6 GTD. I’m based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I’m a mechanic by trade and run my own place.

My old Carbon Grey GTD

Anyway, I sold the car 2/3 years back to help me fund opening my own workshop.

The workshop thing went well and lately I've been lucky enough to have the chance and the money to get myself another MK6, this time I fancied a change and went for a proper one, it's a 2010 GTI 80k Manual.

It has a full service history, did have a tensioner fail and VW put a new engine, clutch and flywheel at 30k into it back in 2012.

My current Black GTI

Have had the car about 4 weeks now, absolutely love the motor. Everything on the car seemed stock when I bought it. I had bought and fitted a Neuspeed intake for it. I also gave the car a complete service, all new filters and new plugs. It also got rear discs and pads last week before it's MOT.

Recently I tried to have the car tuned, but it won’t id correctly, we came to the conclusion that maybe the car was tuned at some stage and maybe the ECU had been locked by the tuner.

I know these cars and it felt 100% stock to me, so I plugged in VCDS (Vag-com) and done a bit of logging. I’ll upload the log below, but it seems pretty standard to me.

My intention is to get the car to the most power I possibly can, so have been looking at doing a KO4 conversion (Any recommendations on kits?) at some point, bigger intercooler and turbo back exhaust etc.

I’ll def hold off on the tune if I can't get it sorted anytime soon, I will try refreshing car to stock with a VW factory tool or at least to get the ECU unlocked with it. I absolutely love how the car looks on the outside, so I won't be tinkering with it at all that way.

Inside the car, again pretty happy with the feel of it and all I really would love to do is to add wireless charging for my iPhone and hide it out of the way somewhere. Anyone attempted this in a MK6?

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like a great plan! Please keep us posted.
As far as the wireless charging goes, I believ3 ECStuning has a kit for the MK6.