GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What install tool for rear knuckle/bearing housing??

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Update .... Tool wouldn't work for me .... Didn't even bother trying .... Adapters were all to big ....

Thennnnn just swapped out a control arm and changed outer poly control arm bushings side to isolate the problem .... Ass slide seems to have curtailed.

Sent from my stomach using remote control

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Thennnnn just swapped out a control arm and changed outer poly control arm bushings side to isolate the problem .... Ass slide seems to have curtailed.
I'm not understanding what this sentence means. Did you replace the lower control arms (thus switching the inner control arm bushing from poly to rubber) and switch the sides your poly outer control arm bushings are installed on (ie uninstalled left and installed on right, and vise versa)?

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not understanding what this sentence means. Did you replace the lower control arms (thus switching the inner control arm bushing from poly to rubber) and switch the sides your poly outer control arm bushings are installed on (ie uninstalled left and installed on right, and vise versa)?

Basically

Changed the right control arm .... Which was OEM rubber to a new unit ....
And changed the outer polybushings side to side ....

It's seems to have helped .... Or maybe the fact that my right wheel is toeing out helps with stopping ass slide .... and by ass slide I mean constant fishtailing in snow.

I'm thinking it could also be alignment related.

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/396063-wheel-alignment-woes-creating-unstable-winter-driving

I've thought it could be excessive rear tow in for awhile .... Maybe the tires I'm running don't like the factory spec .... Definitely I was loosing static alignment before, I changed the toe arms/lateral links etc.

Sent from my stomach using remote control