GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

used R32 mk5 cpo

DummyBear

Ready to race!
Wife is shopping for a car and I came across a used r32 with 50k miles going for 18k CPO - not really an expert in used car buying from the dealer. Overall, the car looks clean and I am not sure whats a good price I should offer them otd. Planning on 6k down payment. Good thing is that my wife actually enjoy the R32's exclusivity and it will be good to have a vr6 R in the family

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
You have an R. The better version of that car. My buddy's has an R32. He hates it and wishes he had a GTI or an R. Bad mpg and FSI motor.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
they are cpo'ing a car from 2008?? for how much longer?

DummyBear

Ready to race!
haha i m still keeping my R :w00t:

You have an R. The better version of that car. My buddy's has an R32. He hates it and wishes he had a GTI or an R. Bad mpg and FSI motor.

actually i asked them to show me the carfax and i guess they BS about the cpo part. the car was in 2 accidents and one stated the airbag deployed smh. stealership for sure....

DummyBear

Ready to race!
i guess i should go back to looking at civics... lol

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
i guess i should go back to looking at civics... lol

why not a cheaper car like a brand new golf?

insurance is lower, and about the same price for a brand new one. or wait a year or so and get her the mk7

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!

Yes beautiful car but........you said it!

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
The 3.2 is a sexy sounding motor but...that's about it. R32 is only available in 2 doors and DSG. Granted the Golf R is only available in manual but hey. R20 motor is stronger to begin with, +6hp and +7tq...plus an ECU tune will, for the same price across both cars, will yield much more power on the R20.

That being said, if you decided to do a VR6 project car with HPA turbo kit...props. Beast mode activate.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Lets set aside the fact that the R32 is not a good a performer as your R. Given that your wife does like it, that's all that matters. The fact that the car has been in two accidents would be a major turn off for me though. Especially when you mention that the air bags have been deployed. If your wife is set on getting an R32 look for another one.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion

actually i asked them to show me the carfax and i guess they BS about the cpo part. the car was in 2 accidents and one stated the airbag deployed smh. stealership for sure....

Run

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion

If they are not going to CPO it then ask for more off the tag pro e if you really want it. Other than that yes run away lol.