GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic stage 2 Revison vs APR stage 2 v1.2

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
The purpose of this thread wasn't to put any tuner down it was simply describing a race in the forums section. I understand I have more mods like duces stated it was a friendly run

Well said! You waste that 600 dollars to be slower than another company!

But your not putting down another tuner, right?

Any way I'll take my "slower" tune any day over the tune Uni makes for my car. Oh wait that's right they don't have tunes for 2011 GTIs, which makes the "slower" tune actually the faster tune because it exists.

JP

Last edited:

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
You wasted a lot more than that!!!

You could have bought a LIGHTLY used WRX for much less, tune it cheaper and be A LOT faster than you are now!!!!ONE111111!!!!

Who says I've had to pay for everything on my car you imbecile. Just shut up you make yourself look stupid everytime you comment on a thread of mine

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Who says I've had to pay for everything on my car you imbecile. Just shut up you make yourself look stupid everytime you comment on a thread of mine

You didnt pay for anything on your car? LoL you lucky bastard lol im paying for it all, the car the mods and the gas :\\ only thing my parents got me on is insurance. Btw im 20yrs old fml

If you wanted speed, he's right, you should got an AWD car aka WRX which is cheaper than the GTI. My friend picked up a 2010 WRX FOR $22,000 OTD only problem is the trannies on those cars are dead weak :\ but cant argue with AWD lol

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
Yea I agree if I wanted an insanely fast car I would have gone that route but I didn't I wanted a middle ground so I got the gti and I love it. I do pay for some mods but not all of them and I have to pay for gas and insurance my parents pay for the car

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Those extras don't equate to a 2+ car difference...the only thing that would really make a difference is the intercooler

Having an intake would make a big difference.

Even Arin from APR said that Stage 1 with intake is faster than Stage 2 with downpipe only.

So basically this was a heavily modded Stage 2+ car (with an intercooler....in Miami).....beating pretty much a Stage 1 car (with a passenger)

This is comparing apples to oranges if you ask me. All those little mods add up to some significant power, especially the intake....it is really needed with Stage 2 and that downpipe.

One brand of tune against another brand of tune, with all mods being equal....and the drivers being equal................I say no way one car will lose by 3 car lengths.

I am not hating on Unitronic. I do have APR but I tried to get Uni first. It just wasn't available yet. So I went with APR. My VW dealership where I bought my car actually sells/installs Unitronic

Last edited: