GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

first 24 hrs and a Civic Si started messing with me

gkallis

Ready to race!

LuvVeeDub

Passed Driver's Ed
i beat civic's daily, i even made up an achronym, it's gay, but i was bored haha Crappiest Import Vehicle In California

x_paradoxal_x

Ready to race!
i beat civic's daily, i even made up an achronym, it's gay, but i was bored haha Crappiest Import Vehicle In California

I like that one. I'll remember it. Although some of the rest of the world market civics I kind of like. The Type-R is pretty cool, but of course the US market gets a way dumbed down version. I used to see Type-R's all the time in the UK. Kind of cool looking, but ugly at the same time.

v6viking

Ready to race!
They say a picture is worth 1000 words….

Here’s my previous car, a 2008 Civic Si, stock with the exception of a Mugen Short Throw Shifter and Mugen Shift knob:

Here's my Civic as of March 1st:

March 17th: My new GTI, Jacky, Navigation, DSG.

The Civic was a great car, but drivability of the GTI is exponentially better than the Si. Keeping the car “in VTEC” often required downshifting multiple gears (ie:6th gear to 3rd) in order to get into its powerband. As you all know, the GTI is exactly the opposite…there’s torque everywhere.

Steering on the Si was very precise. The GTI is a bit more civilized, precise, but not as quick off center. Fit and finish, bells and whistles, comfort and cabin noise are all far superior in the GTI.

I loved my Si, but would never go back. I hope to line up with a stock Si some day to see how we compare. In a best case scenario for the Si I would expect it to be a close race, but waiting for the K20 Z3 to reach VTEC was torture when playing around from a roll. In most situations the GTI should have the edge.

I’d love to hear some more GTI vs. Si stories if anyone has any.

-Matt

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
You'd scrape fuck v tech haha