GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R20 Unitronic DSG Teaser video - Riders on the storm

P

plac

That is my Roc R ;) Close to 390-400 BHP with current mods and 100oct RON, maybe more with race fuel. Haven't dynoed yet with my latest mods. Video was not at full boost or full timing advance ;) Still with OEM K04 and < 4000 KM on the clock.

I don't think 0-62 times can really drop much further on a FWD Roc, although I still haven't even tried measuring with full boost/timimg advance and race fuel. That would be too cruel for the car IMO.

Pre DSG flash I could see constant 4.7 - 4.8s to 62 with same Vbox.

damn thats insane.. i dont even know if it would see 5.5s w my stage 2.

krische

vdubber in training
dang! 4 second 0-60mph

i guess AWD for the win.... by far.

makes me want an R. but we can't all have what we want.

I'm sure the DSG helps quite a bit too.

What would be a reasonable estimate for a manual? 4.5 for a really good driver?

P

plac

Get a DSG flash :) Totally worth it. Even D mode is now amazing.

i just don't see the value, i guess im one of the only ones.. i mean i think my DSG with stock programming is pretty great. when i compare the cost of the upgrade to what i would gain over what i have now.. i just dont see it. i dont even know the exact price but most dsg flashes i have seen are $400-$500. I don't need shifts a few milliseconds quicker myself. but its a sweet setup if you have the money to spend.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
I would be all over a DSG flash if it would:

Better manage launch control with stage 2 power
Get rid of the D downshifts in lower speed that make the car jerk
Make S mode actually usable, not so ridiculously high revving all the time
Make M mode fully manual

pop-R-

Passed Driver's Ed
That is my Roc R ;) Close to 390-400 BHP with current mods and 100oct RON, maybe more with race fuel. Haven't dynoed yet with my latest mods. Video was not at full boost or full timing advance ;) Still with OEM K04 and < 4000 KM on the clock.

I don't think 0-62 times can really drop much further on a FWD Roc, although I still haven't even tried measuring with full boost/timimg advance and race fuel. That would be too cruel for the car IMO.

Pre DSG flash I could see constant 4.7 - 4.8s to 62 with same Vbox.

:):):):):)

Dr. Dub

I recently got the UM ECU/DSG flash and I've had my R since Aug 07, the increased torque that the tranny holds provides harder launches when just mashing the throttle off the line, not to mention the 5000rpm launches. Fun stuff!

AXO

Go Kart Champion
That's pretty damn impressive!