GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti Vs Megan R26r vs Focus Rs

bozaman

Ready to race!
:lol:

these kinds of comparison tests always crack me up, but at least they nailed the "predictable" point at the end.

[note: i wish we at least had the option of comparing the ford focus rs here in the usa...not that i would have changed my choice, but to have a choice is better still!]

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Damn...you really cant beat the practicality of the GTI.

Think about it this way. The Subaru WRX is a fast ass car. Its got:
AWD
0-60 in roughly 4.5s (Motortrend Numbers)
And a NICE sounding exhaust.

However, its just not a car you want to drive on a DAY by DAY basis because it has a crappy interior, 5 speed gear box that begs for you to shift up at highway speeds, and 25mpg. OH and it costs roughly $29K for a decent setup

The GTI has:
AMAZING Interior
6 speed tranny (AUTO or MAN)
32MPG (we've all seen better numbers though :thumbsup:)
0-60 in 6-6.5ish seconds (Slow but nothing APR cant change)
Xenons (That was a big downfall for me when choosing between the WRX and GTI)
Wonderful 18s (I personally like the orginality of the Huffs (detroits whatever))
Dynaudio (Its like sex with a HOT 9/10 virgin compared to the overweight 5/10 experienced chick WRX radio)
All of this for a wonderful price of 26K (Just at invoice)

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
I agree grambles, I was orginally drawn to the wrx/sti because of its power, AWD, and that awesome boxer engine sound becuase my cousin has an STI and I always loved driving it. But when I compared it to the GTI it just wasnt worth it, the GTI is so much more refined in every aspect. Once I drove the GTI I knew there was no way I could get an STI...My cousin has his pretty modified (titanium turbo back, cobb tune, intake...) and he still thinks my car feels really quick (apr stage 1) and is pretty jelous with how nice my interior is compared to his, I just love the GTI and couldnt be happier...well until I get a K04, then I'll really love it :burnrubber:

:icon_secta:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Omfg a K04 will solidify any guilt I had against not buying the WRX. Who cares if its just through the front wheels? lulz

bozaman

Ready to race!
Damn...you really cant beat the practicality of the GTI.

Think about it this way. The Subaru WRX is a fast ass car. Its got:
AWD
0-60 in roughly 4.5s (Motortrend Numbers)
And a NICE sounding exhaust.

However, its just not a car you want to drive on a DAY by DAY basis because it has a crappy interior, 5 speed gear box that begs for you to shift up at highway speeds, and 25mpg. OH and it costs roughly $29K for a decent setup

The GTI has:
AMAZING Interior
6 speed tranny (AUTO or MAN)
32MPG (we've all seen better numbers though :thumbsup:)
0-60 in 6-6.5ish seconds (Slow but nothing APR cant change)
Xenons (That was a big downfall for me when choosing between the WRX and GTI)
Wonderful 18s (I personally like the orginality of the Huffs (detroits whatever))
Dynaudio (Its like sex with a HOT 9/10 virgin compared to the overweight 5/10 experienced chick WRX radio)
All of this for a wonderful price of 26K (Just at invoice)

funny, the wrx/sti was on my short list along with the ms3 and the gti and for nearly each of the reasons you list i went with the gti. i really like the subaru and its practicality and fun-to-drive character but i was really concerned about the cheapness of the interior and its day to day livability.

i was tempted by the ms3 (the looks weren't too objectionable to me and i think it would grow on you over time - ymmv, and this is ONLY my opinion) but it was missing some creature comforts that i would really like to have for a long-term ownership experience. the lack of those features ultimately drove me away.

the gti has all of the same qualities, and although a touch slower then either the subaru or the mazda (but still certainly "fast enough" for urban duty) it's light-years ahead of the subaru in terms of materials, and the mazda in terms of kit, and still serves wonderfully in a daily duty role.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
funny, the wrx/sti was on my short list along with the ms3 and the gti and for nearly each of the reasons you list i went with the gti. i really like the subaru and its practicality and fun-to-drive character but i was really concerned about the cheapness of the interior and its day to day livability.

i was tempted by the ms3 (the looks weren't too objectionable to me and i think it would grow on you over time - ymmv, and this is ONLY my opinion) but it was missing some creature comforts that i would really like to have for a long-term ownership experience. the lack of those features ultimately drove me away.

the gti has all of the same qualities, and although a touch slower then either the subaru or the mazda (but still certainly "fast enough" for urban duty) it's light-years ahead of the subaru in terms of materials, and the mazda in terms of kit, and still serves wonderfully in a daily duty role.

The cheapness feel got me with the WRX and the MS3. I enjoyed both performance aspects,, but thats not all I was looking for. The MS3 had me close for the price and somewhat decent interior (better than the WRX for sure) and the audio was better than the WRX (PURE SHIT BOX), but it still didnt rival the GTI.

I didnt mind the look of the MS3, but from what I've seen they dont offer it in white. White is the best color I've seen on it...and sure enough they dont offer it. WTF is up with that?

iamagoodboi

Passed Driver's Ed
HAHA all I cared about was that all the girls chose the GTI. GTI FTW!!! AND we have room to fit 3 girls comfortably.

stylistic

Passed Driver's Ed
LOL @ "I don't like the renault... cuz its French"

bozaman

Ready to race!
The cheapness feel got me with the WRX and the MS3. I enjoyed both performance aspects,, but thats not all I was looking for. The MS3 had me close for the price and somewhat decent interior (better than the WRX for sure) and the audio was better than the WRX (PURE SHIT BOX), but it still didnt rival the GTI.

I didnt mind the look of the MS3, but from what I've seen they dont offer it in white. White is the best color I've seen on it...and sure enough they dont offer it. WTF is up with that?

your assessment closely mirrors mine...the subaru interiors are crap, and i would have loved to see an ms3 in white. so, i went gti...great interior, and white color! woot!