GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
What is the proper way to pronounce carbine?

Car-bean or Car-buy-n

It's pronounced "carbine."

Hope that helps.

I say "Carbine" but i know people who say "carbine" but i guess it doesnt really matter to much kind of like a "tomato, tomato" thing.

Jaber

Modero
I say "Carbine" but i know people who say "carbine" but i guess it doesnt really matter to much kind of like a "tomato, tomato" thing.

I pronounce it "Car-Bin".

Google says:

car·bine
ˈkärˌbīn,ˈkärbēn/Submit
noun
a light automatic rifle.
historical
a short rifle or musket used by cavalry.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Jay, you finish the car yet? Boosted was tryin to get me to go help you out yesterday but I didnt get done early enough to get out to help you out.

Typical. Been asking him for a favor to hold the ic up while I fit the core support shroud over it, much easier with 2 people. He's always too "busy" to give me a hand so I did it alone. Sucked but it's done.

I ever tell you guys about the time I installed his front sway bar for free while he sat on lounge chairs drinking beers with his fiance? Didn't even hang out in the garage and offer a hand :thumbdown:

For reference I sold Jabers front sway bar to a guy the other week, he pm'ed me this. We also did the tyrolsport collars at the same time.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Typical. Been asking him for a favor to hold the ic up while I fit the core support shroud over it, much easier with 2 people. He's always too "busy" to give me a hand so I did it alone. Sucked but it's done.

I ever tell you guys about the time I installed his front sway bar for free while he sat on lounge chairs drinking beers with his fiance? Didn't even hang out in the garage and offer a hand :thumbdown:

O wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
OK, non-gti question here... The brakes on my wife's 2006 Jetta 2.5 are wearing unevenly. Would I be better off to do that brake job myself, replacing anything that might be causing the uneven wear issue, or having a mechanic do it?

I am not an experienced mechanic, but I'm no noob either.

Slide pins are probably dried out and binding.

I don't think brakes are hard at all - probably the easiest "real" maintenance job you can do on a car outside of oil changes. Does the 06 Jetta require that silly piston retractor tool on the rears?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

LOL I don't recall that story. Pretty shady..... shall we call him to the stand to provide a rebuttal?

But I know how you feel.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
its like vw, audi...tomato tomato
I pronounce it "Car-Bin".
:

hey alexa, how do you say Carbine?...

"fully semiautomatic military grade assault style rifle"

LOL I don't recall that story. Pretty shady..... shall we call him to the stand to provide a rebuttal?

But I know how you feel.

Lies. I dont support cyber bullying. Thats my official stance :thumbsup:

Jaber

Modero
Speaking of oh wow, they tore up randall by 90 today.

I thought Randall was going to get torn up by Algonquin, to add new side walks and whatnot. Didn't know by 90 it was going to get messed with.

72 has sucked balls recently. I've been cutting through the back roads, taking Power Rd to Big Timber, then back on 72.

Why?

City of Elgin find some unspent money in the budget they gotta use up?

Yeah no kidding. Elgin has been repaving several streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.