GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Faulty folding retrofit mirrors

bennytheblue

Hi all,

Trying to find out what could be wrong with my mirrors. I have recently bought two modules, passenger and driver,passenger and drivers folding mirrors and the mirror switch with the fold function. I got someone to fit all this but have been left with a few faults! He has said to get a new switch as believes this is the fault!? So until i get this i've been left with the following. The right mirror works fine off the switch but the left (passenger side) seems to go different directions. Using the switch up goes left, down is inwards right is left etc. The switch also when you turn it to the heat folds the mirrors in rather when you turn it to the fold setting. I have tried the old switch (one with heat, left and right only) to see if that worked but still got the same results. Can't see its something as simple as the switch, do they make these different for right hand drive and left hand drive cars? Thanks if you could help or shed any light on it

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Hi all,

Trying to find out what could be wrong with my mirrors. I have recently bought two modules, passenger and driver,passenger and drivers folding mirrors and the mirror switch with the fold function. I got someone to fit all this but have been left with a few faults! He has said to get a new switch as believes this is the fault!? So until i get this i've been left with the following. The right mirror works fine off the switch but the left (passenger side) seems to go different directions. Using the switch up goes left, down is inwards right is left etc. The switch also when you turn it to the heat folds the mirrors in rather when you turn it to the fold setting. I have tried the old switch (one with heat, left and right only) to see if that worked but still got the same results. Can't see its something as simple as the switch, do they make these different for right hand drive and left hand drive cars? Thanks if you could help or shed any light on it

This may be helpful;
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86442&page=2

2litres

Hello, has anyone managed to deal with this problem? I definitely know that I have modules from a left hand drive car and mine is rhd but I have programmed them for a rhd. I solved the problem I had with the windows but the mirrors are still opposite like mentioned above

GolfRfrontend

Go Kart Newbie
Hi all,

This Applies to RHD And LHD vehicles

I’m having the same issue. I have a U.S 2012 Vw GTI autobahn edition. I bought a pair of U.K. 2009 Golf R power folding mirrors, door control modules and switch. After installing everything is working function wise i.e power folding, mirror adjustment and puddle lights, but the polarity is reversed acting like it’s RHD. My conclusion was DCM (door control modules) are coded for RHD vehicles.

I work for Audi/vw as a technician, but this is new to me, because it a retrofit. The door motor / control module are door specific. My vw parts back counter. This means you can’t take RHD driver door motor/control module and install on LHD vehicle and visa-versa even they will swap over its specifically coded for the correct side.

Before I found they were side specific I swapped the control modules only from passenger to driver recheck is not ok. Still having polarity issue. The way I can confirmed it’s not wiring is I installed my original switch and door motor/door modules with but kept power folding mirrors installed and rechecked is ok, no polarity issue.

2 options

1. VAGCOM to code Door control modules if possible

2. purchase LHD door motor/control and switch to be sure. (Own research required)

Zack gifford

Hi all
I’ve recently fitted power fold mirrors and modules to my car along with the switch they are all genuine parts as it came as a kit off a different car, after I’ve fitted them today I haven’t got no mirror adjustment or they don’t fold either I’ve also lost the up and down functions of three doors from the drivers door but the drivers side is the only one that works not sure whether they is supposed to be a right and a left module or would they need coding to my vehicle everything else works the indicators the mirror down function in reverse, but I can’t adjust the mirror glass neither do they fold if someone had any info on what I’ve done wrong then it would be much appreciated