GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno Results: Euro Tuning Boxes

• Tested at DynoEdge Albuquerque, 2wd (Haldex Unplugged)
• Tested by Hoyt, best of 2-3 pulls in 4th Gear up to 6800 rpm
• 2013 Golf R with 1090 miles
• K&N Air Filter

February 2013
Tuning Boxes Tested at Minimum Factory Settings

• RaceChip +10% gain (rounded)
• KitPower + 5% gain (rounded)

http://m1298.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/kahlson/Snapbucket/883B03D3_zps9a889a09.jpg.html?o=0

http://pbckt.com/pj.O5c2Pk

Stock OEM w/ K&N Air Filter
Max Power=261.19
Max Torque=290.34

KitPower (Min. Factory Setting)
Max Power=277.63
Max Torque=313.16

RaceChip (Min. Factory Setting)
Max Power=289.31
Max Torque=316.14

April 2013
Tuning boxes will be Dyno Tested at Higher Power Settings

Last edited:
I can't wait till I see 40% power increases! Crank that dial up Chris! Lets see what that puppy can do!

Unfortunately, being the first time at DynoEdge, we were all caught up just getting baseline pulls. For sure there are power increases with the lowest settings. Afterwards I set the Kitpower on MAX setting and had no problem hitting 127 mph on the closed road.

In April I will do a second session at DynoEdge with both boxes set at MAX, then I might attempt to run two boxes at the same time.

The RaceChip would be dedicated to the MAP and the Kitpower would be dedicated to Turbo Boost Valve and the Cam Sensor, then check and see if by using two boxes in unison if there is any higher power outputs, while checking the logs, not sure if this has ever been done, sorta curious because if it made more power, would be a very trick DIY, you would be adding two processors.

The KitPower does have a "fuller" feel because it is hooked up to three sensors, Turbo Boost Valve, MAP and Cam Sensor. It is set on max now and ready to Dyno again when I comeback in April.

The RaceChip made more power on minimum setting, but is only connected to the MAP, I also set it on max and it did not throw any engine lights, so it's also ready for the next Dyno comparison in April.

What I will do is see what box has the most power and then maybe try them together, maybe, just a wild idea.

It appears these boxes will give at least 20% increase with just a K&N filter, can't wait to find out, wish somebody in Albuquerque with an APR tune would test on the same Dyno, then could really find out if the boxes compare to flashing an ECU