GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Teaser and collecting data

v8282w

Ready to race!
So I really like the red ambient lighting that my car has at night. I am going to be making a kit for myself that adds this to the whole car and is adjustable. The backseat, floors, pockets, all around the car. Your stock white lighting when you open the doors will not be touched but when the doors are closed and the lights are on the whole car will be like a red lighted cockpit and each light will be adjustable so you can set the brightness as you like. I prefer it to be just like the stock ambient lights, you only notice them when you need them. I do understand that some people may want a brightly lit interior, like what yall have been doing with the red footwell lights. They are not my cup of tea thats what started me on this idea. By this post I am trying to gauge how easy of a diy I want this to be and how finished of a kit I will make this, IE soldering or clips for power. Either way, for myself I am making a set with a main control box for most of the setup, with three sub control boards for ease of installation. Most of the install will be super easy. The only hard part would be optional for two light and involves removal of your door panels. This kit will be a home brew of sorts, but a high quality home brew. All circuitry will be waterproofed and all workmanship will be to ipc/military jstd spec. Just as a background on myself, I build electronics for the military. Not that this kit will be anywhere near as complicated as the things I make everyday but, the same skillset will be used to produce it. I am probably going to order the parts for this this weekend and I need to know if there is any interest so I know how many sets I need to order parts for and the finality of the design. I am kinda only doing this as a fun project and in production it is easier to make multiples of something rather than making one. As far as price, it depends on the final design but it will be under 2 bills. What do ya'll think?

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
something something, paragraphs, something something, please use them as I lost interest after the first 5 words....

v8282w

Ready to race!
something something, paragraphs, something something, please use them as I lost interest after the first 5 words....

So your not down for a set, ok.

At this point I guess I'm going to order enough for five sets, I'll have four sets to sell. So heart and nuc If I sell these I'll pm you to give you first dibs. Thanx all.

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
sets of? seriously, please use paragraphs, I still haven't gone through that jungle of words yet.