GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Was this a result of your nice job on the CR-V? Everybody in the family is going to be sending their vehicles to Uncle Plac now.

hmm could be i guess. same household. but they have known me for 15 years almost. my car hobby is nothing new to them.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i have a sleep number iLE queen bed on order btw. about 2 weeks till arrival. got it on the 50% off sale which expired yesterday. i have 100 days to try it, within which time i can return it for a pickup fee of $200. I lose the $179 install fee also, but get the bed and tax money back. There are a few bad reviews here and there, but 80% of them are good especially referencing back pain relief.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
This is a secondary vehicle for him? What else does he have?

he has a hybrid fusion. electric i think. he plugs it in. he's been dying to own another jeep, especially since he saw my 2007 a long time ago.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
My brother-in-law gets the keys tomorrow, its been weeks wait. He works the auctions and it took a long time to get the paperwork sorted out. He had a shop put on the lift but they went to one size smaller tire than the pic shows. I am basically doing the mechanical checks, maybe fix any leaks here and there, and just drive it to see how it drives. He will have to sell it in a couple months if he doesnt land a new job.

Could be a whole new audience waiting on YouTube for ya! Looking forward to your work. I know squat about Jeeps and do appreciate them!

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
In case any were interested. Friend detailed my new golf r and made a video for another vortex member. Excuse the novice camera guy. Hehe

http://youtu.be/x4BYPWR1BHI

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
This went dead.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
its great. finally some peace and quiet. just my quiet journey. no more bullshit.

:)

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
its great. finally some peace and quiet. just my quiet journey. no more bullshit.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
my car just seriously doesnt feel like stage 2 power. remember a long time ago, when it was super strong and i said felt like a weak K04 or so? it just feels like a dog now. I been trying to determine how I can determine if it is in my head, or a real power issue. I can't really think of any mechanical problem which would make it slower. no CELs, no weird noises, no boost leaks that i can hear.. dunno. just really not feeling it. I think the Forester drives so much better than my GTI, it made me think my GTI is slower.

i can't really do logs anymore, because i dont work early mornings anymore driving on empty freeways. i would literally have nowhere to run logs now. unless someone knows of an empty deserted street in the middle of nowhere where people can do 0-100mph runs for a few logs with no one in sight for a couple miles.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i flashed back to stage 2 91 instead of stage 2 93. also put my stock intake back on today. now i have a whistle in my boost pipes. almost impossible that a tune change did that, and it wasnt whistling with my aftermarket intake. i have heard that whistle on my DV+ many times tho. i might swap it out tonight to see if the whistle stops.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Drove the forester to get gas tonight. Everytime I drive it I wish I had it instead of the gti. It is way lighter on its feet and more responsive handling. Tank range is 350 miles. Average mpg is now between 23-24. I love the cvt, it is the smoothest thing in the world.