GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Its worth it, 5858 band kit or gtx v-band kit. More power smoother. You can also bump up the boost later if you want more. Look at the progression here everyone starts low and buys more. 1000 is short money
Thanks, I emailed FFE to see if they could put together a different kit, and ask for a pros vs cons list of CTS vs in house. I'm only interested in making a 450whp max by next year, starting off at 370whp stock engine. Next year I will build the engine and shoot for 450whp, then I'm done.

The pros of in house are all tubular piping, no silicone couplings. Also, the manifold, and a vband wastegate.

Suprisingly enough, for up to 450whp they recommended the cts kit.

FFE is so sure that the engine valves, retainers/springs, rods, and etc. will limit me to 340whp-ish, I'm not too sure why. Plenty of people have pushed it way farther than that on stock engines.

Last edited:

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
stage 1, 2 then ko4, now you will be seeing me here soon

Yup, stage 1, 2, k04, stage 3 with custom HTA2873, now a tubular 5858. What setup are you going with?

FFE is so sure that the engine valves, retainers/springs, rods, and etc. will limit me to 340whp-ish, I'm not too sure why. Plenty of people have pushed it way farther than that on stock engines.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that you struck them as 'not really that interested' so they said this to pacify you. Hell I made 360whp with just 22psi, and a boost leak. Just do it right, spend the money the first time, otherwise you'll be spending it again......trust me.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Yup, stage 1, 2, k04, stage 3 with custom HTA2873, now a tubular 5858. What setup are you going with?

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that you struck them as 'not really that interested' so they said this to pacify you. Hell I made 360whp with just 22psi, and a boost leak. Just do it right, spend the money the first time, otherwise you'll be spending it again......trust me.
I've been talking to them for weeks, but after a long conversation, we decided on the cts kit, eurodyne tuning and 370whp. They said they'd be able to safely deliver the power with the tune and AEM boost controller to minimize the torque spike. I'm ordering the kit probably Friday

james9120

Go Kart Champion
I remember someone here had the CTS pancake pipe with their BT kit, can anyone comment on fitment?

CTS is telling me the two won't fit together. Their BT kit and pancake pipe are incompatible.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
I was checking it out earlier, from one of the pictures they had it bolted up to the oem pancake pipe

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Ordering the cts kit today, woohoo. Too bad $500 is going towards a leaking valve cover and chain cover, or else I'd be that much close to getting tuned.

Everything is ordered! Woohoo

Last edited:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
stage 1, 2 then ko4, now you will be seeing me here soon

i'm very glad i skipped the k04

I remember someone here had the CTS pancake pipe with their BT kit, can anyone comment on fitment?

CTS is telling me the two won't fit together. Their BT kit and pancake pipe are incompatible.

both work unless they changed their outlet pipe.

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
I have the neuspeed outlet pipe and it broke the engine mount off my engine. Now it's just flopping there. I have it ZIPTIED right now till I can figure out what to do. ...which will be today. With it not mounted to anything it hangs low pulling the piping coming directly out of the turbo down and then it rubs my DSS axle. Fml. I caught it before it wore all the way thru thank god. Gunna try a permanent fix today. .

Halvie

WOOSA
finally fixed my ops

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
The controller is a pile.

Looks to me he could have just retrofitted it to be a manual Accusump with an oil pressure swith. Which it should have been in the first place. You can actually build one for a fuck load less than APR charges. As you can with most their shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.