GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Tampa Bay area thread.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
I should be moving to Tampa around the clearwater area within the next 2-3 months. I lived in Hollywood FL for some time and loved it before suffering tristate NJ/NY misery for 15 years.

Glad to be heading back to the Sunshine state with a mk6 that never see's snow again.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I just moved back down from NYC about a year ago...
only spent a couple years in the city though
I won't miss the snow that's for sure

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Any regrets ?

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I hated jersey when I lived there lol much better down here

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
born in Florida, parents came to the US in the 70s and went to school up there, etc, moved down to Florida due to job and won't considering moving back to ny lol

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Jersey has been a better experience than my for me, but that is not saying much. I absolutely cannot go through another winter . The old counter argument used to be that fl has the Hurricanes but sandy completely negates that justification

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
New burg GTI owner

Going to try to get involved and meet some people. The more I drive this car the more time I want to spend with it, which for me means modding. Not very mechanically inclined but willing to pay my dues in order to learn a few things.

Upcoming mods: Just orders clear side markers today. Looking to have my leguna's powder coated, not sure which color yet. Debating whether or not to lower, seems to ride great as is so hard to spend this kind of cash mostly for aesthetic purposes. Looking into BOV, intake and possibly exhaust as well as a tune. Also thinking of vinyl gloss black roof. Oh, and meeting a custom fab guy about adding custom permanent rails to my roof on Friday ;).

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
Welcome to the boards!
There really isn't much activity on here for us locals.
My I suggest Facebook, "Tampa VW GTI Club" and "Gulf Coast Euros".
There you can get most if not all of your questions answered pretty quickly, and maybe find a good deal or two in the classifieds.

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
I work in the SRQ, as a matter of fact... I'm here now :)
I've seen a few new MK6's running around here lately.

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
Let me know if you ever wanna meet up. Dont know many VW peeps in town. Oddly enough all my friends have bimmers.

Unfortunately I'm never in the SRQ for pleasure, just work.
But if you want to make a trip 35-40 min. North up I-75 on a weekend, I'm sure we can round up a handful of MK6-ers and go on a cruise or something eventful.

xDIRTYxDANx

Unfortunately I'm never in the SRQ for pleasure, just work.
But if you want to make a trip 35-40 min. North up I-75 on a weekend, I'm sure we can round up a handful of MK6-ers and go on a cruise or something eventful.

That works for me. I have some photoshoots I have booked up there this month and next anyways. Two birds with one stone!

We can meet up after one of my shoots and Ill do a lil MK6 shoot with everyone.