GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the Wrapped Roofs Holding Up?

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
About 25k miles on mine and outside of a few bucks from rocks, it's as good as new. I do garage my car at night though so people who park outside might have different experiences. Definitely wax your wrapped roofs every 6 months to keep some sort of protection on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KO7

Ready to race!
About 25k miles on mine and outside of a few bucks from rocks, it's as good as new. I do garage my car at night though so people who park outside might have different experiences. Definitely wax your wrapped roofs every 6 months to keep some sort of protection on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I park in a garage overnight, but sucks that my car is exposed to the elements all day at work. I thought I bookmarked a product that you guys use to keep the wrap lubricated, but I can't seem to find it now.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Mine has cracks all over. Lasted good for about 3 years. Now it's a major pita trying to get it off

Russellvw21

Ready to race!
Mine has cracks all over. Lasted good for about 3 years. Now it's a major pita trying to get it off

How shitty is the removal ?? I'm about two years in. Still looks great but wondering about the lasting effects on the paint. Thinking its time to take it off. Any tips on wrap removal ?

Nick36

Wrapped hood and roof

Hood and roof wrapped when I bought her. Matte black. Didn't care for it at first, but it's grown on me.

Attachments

• 14365532180731824464349.jpg
    14365532180731824464349.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 268

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
So I am here paying 80 bucks to have my wrap removed professionally. This is after a few days of peeling with a heat gun and goo gone. LPT: remove the wrap the moment you start to see cracks. 2.5 years is about as good as these things will last

Russellvw21

Ready to race!
So I am here paying 80 bucks to have my wrap removed professionally. This is after a few days of peeling with a heat gun and goo gone. LPT: remove the wrap the moment you start to see cracks. 2.5 years is about as good as these things will last

Do u think peelin or earlier is better ? Mines about to be 2.5 years in the Florida heat

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I would have to say pay the little more money and have your roof painted. It will last and look better........

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
I would have to say pay the little more money and have your roof painted. It will last and look better........

This. X2. The detail shop had 3 men on it and it ran past their closure time.The final cost for removal was 130.

Either do it right or do not cheap out with cheap wraps.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
My biggest concern is the added heat from the sun being drawn to a black roof. Obviously that would only be an issue for me 5/6 months out of the year here in WA.