GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions

Old 08-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #43
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 153k+
Everyone knows a tuned GTI is a Corvette killer. The base model pony cars are for chumps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #44
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
Official Base Model Pony Car Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
V6 mustang/camaro still sounds better than any GTI and actually comes with an LSD. This thread reads like a bunch of bros in glass houses throwing stones at people in log cabins.

Not the point. we're objectively making fun of base model pony cars alone, not in comparison to our cars which many call muscle car killers (something I think is hilarious). This isn't a pro - VW thread hiding in an anti V6 muscle car thread haha. Them being a technically better car is obviously true but there is more to a car's appeal then it being a mechanically superior car to something else. Nobody is trying to prove the GTI is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?

Last edited by TSI_mr.niceguy; 08-29-2015 at 06:57 PM.
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:09 PM   #45
Taiso0019
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2016 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_mr.niceguy View Post
Not the point. we're objectively making fun of base model pony cars alone, not in comparison to our cars which many call muscle car killers (something I think is hilarious). This isn't a pro - VW thread hiding in an anti V6 muscle car thread haha. Them being a technically better car is obviously true but there is more to a car's appeal then it being a mechanically superior car to something else. Nobody is trying to prove the GTI is better.
And that is the point exactly. Cars that should be decent sports cars in theory are ruined by soulless V6s and slushboxes that feel more at home in a Corolla or a Versa. And the part of their ownership population that acts like they're driving a 911 GT3.
2013 GTI DSG TR - Past
Taiso0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:14 PM   #46
troyguitar
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: 2004 Z06, 2005 Vibe GT
Owners that act like their cheap cars are special... are we talking about V6 mustangs or dumb fucks who think their VW is a porsche?
Old 08-29-2015, 10:57 PM   #47
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
I'd say both those groups are on similar levels of dumbfuckery, just on two different performance levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:31 PM   #48
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Owners that act like their cheap cars are special... are we talking about V6 mustangs or dumb fucks who think their VW is a porsche?
Careful or you'll give this thread depth by setting the example.
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:11 AM   #49
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
I surely don't think my VW is a Porsche. I always seem to offend those in the VW fan club when I call my GTI a commuter vehicle...

But I digress... A V6 pony car is a secretary's car.... Or hairdresser's car... Or rental car... Now if they came with a twin turbo V6 making over 400 HP, then maybe I will change my mind.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #50
troyguitar
FIA Formula 1 Champion

So what's a GTI then, a burger flipper's car?

GTI: When you can't afford an audi.

V6 Mustang: When you can't afford a V8.

Same shit. They're both just cheap cars that are one step above the bottom of the barrel. Both are bought by people who want something more than a civic but can't really afford something great.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:35 PM   #51
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:

Same shit. They're both just cheap cars that are one step above the bottom of the barrel. Both are bought by people who want something more than a civic but can't really afford something great.

The GTI makes sense, because why pay $5k or more for an Audi with the same interior but has AWD, I'll pony up the cash and buy the Golf R, besides the GTI Is what I could afford at the time. No one really gives credit to how well the GTI does perform... Lol, V6 mustangs are different, they are just as much shit as the V6 camaros, it's pretty sad when the little GTI 4 banger can beat it stock in pretty much any race..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:55 PM   #52
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
Quote:

Actually, I can afford something nicer but I hate the idea of spending a fortune on something that only needs to get me from point a to point b. It's no secret that I hated the GTI in stock form, and even at stage 2 with lighter wheels, I can take or leave it.

One thing it has going for it is that it makes for a great commuter car when it comes to zipping in and out of traffic. It's also somewhat practical for its size because I can stuff a lot of items in that tiny car. The thing that is working against it is that I lost a lot of weight since getting it, and now I find it rides like sh!t. I guess 35 pounds of fat hid that atrocious ride.

With all that out of the way, I can say that my next vehicle will not be white, FWD, or a VW!

Oh, and lastly, I already owned a 2006 Mustang GT, so I already had a V8 Pony Car.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #53
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
I surely don't think my VW is a Porsche. I always seem to offend those in the VW fan club when I call my GTI a commuter vehicle...

But I digress... A V6 pony car is a secretary's car.... Or hairdresser's car... Or rental car... Now if they came with a twin turbo V6 making over 400 HP, then maybe I will change my mind.
Obviously it's the people who are the VW loyalists. I bought my car as a viable one car option, a car that I can commute and have fun, with practicality and good on gas. If I go with a 2 car route, I could consider the GTI as a daily driver or something else, but definitely not a weekend toy when there are better cars out there that can be used for that. For it's price, the GTI is indeed one of the best cars for what it offers as far as performance compromise goes, if you just want some cheap pure power and not care about anything else, a used mustang GT or Camaro SS is your best bet.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:33 PM   #54
iGTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: A car with round vents
Balls to the wall or go home

V8>V6
340i>328i
Gti/R>Golf

Different cultures of cars but at the end of the day you can drive an appliance or be a car enthusiast

S3 16'
STG 1+ Sold
iGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #55
troyguitar
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGTI View Post
Balls to the wall or go home

V8>V6
340i>328i
Gti/R>Golf

Different cultures of cars but at the end of the day you can drive an appliance or be a car enthusiast
TTRS > TTS > S3 > Golf R > GTI > Golf.

GTI is one step above the bottom of the barrel on its platform. GTI owners have absolutely zero room to talk here.

TTRS or shut the fuck up you pussies.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:24 PM   #56
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Troy sounds mad.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote