GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

California Smog and K04

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, it needs to be modified to add the second bung, really easy to do. The problem is finding the CCTA downpipe. I recommend finding it a month or two before you need it. I waited too long and had to scramble to find one.
Well I was hoping you would say you still have the modified CCTA DP. I'm way ahead, looking a whole year before its due!

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
I have a modified CCTA downpipe in storage for when I had to go to the state ref, worked for me too. If you want to use it that's fine but I need a refundable deposit and I'm in Nor Cal.

Here's a thread I made during my state ref crap that has a lot of info in it. Should just make it a sticky....

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80769

If only you were a bit closer. Kaj is right next door. If I can't find one close by within 10 months, then I'll make one. I'm sure others around here will start needing it. The 2010 year GTIs just started smogging this year. Why did you have to smog so soon?

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it needs to be modified to add the second bung, really easy to do. The problem is finding the CCTA downpipe. I recommend finding it a month or two before you need it. I waited too long and had to scramble to find one.

It’s alright, I got to hang out in Vegas for the weekend.

Holllyyyyyyyy SHYTE why haven't I been looking for this sooner !!!!!! :eek:

- what did you do with the DP afterward? leave it on, or swap back out ??

- do you still have it, it swapped back off??? I'd love to "rent" it if possible

I have smog due NOW (end of July), and have pretty much been sweating balls trying to figure out what to do!!!! :cry:

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
@ROOSTER1050 PM me! or text me if you still have my #. I passed a few months ago in the OC with my revo K04 / spm TBE still installed. had a shop flash me back to stock, got the smog test done, and then re-loaded the aftermarket software. most smog techs don't care about the visual, especially our cars with the turbo / downpipe in the back and covered. you can check the "CA smog know your rights thread" for more info as well.

good luck!

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
@ROOSTER1050 PM me! or text me if you still have my #. I passed a few months ago in the OC with my revo K04 / spm TBE still installed. had a shop flash me back to stock, got the smog test done, and then re-loaded the aftermarket software. most smog techs don't care about the visual, especially our cars with the turbo / downpipe in the back and covered. you can check the "CA smog know your rights thread" for more info as well.

good luck!

PM sent!!! ?????

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed
Resurrecting old thread. Moving from Mass. to SLO county and running K04 so looking for a modified stock D/P to get through smog. Looking in Mass. for CCTA to modify also with no luck. Working on a 91 tune with Stratified also. This move is gonna be fun :laugh:

MALINO11

Well this makes me feel better. I have my smog coming up quick next year in May . I was a little nervous with the day getting closer. I have a shop that has a CCTA down pipe and the plan was to do a quick swap and slap her in stock mode. Nice to hear that this method works.