GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clogged Catalytic Converter??? How to check

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I think you are right exhaust manifold leak or broken stud would make the most sense. Hopefully just a bad gasket, stud replacement ain't cheap.
I just did this. My stud on driver side broke off. I was quoted 16hours to extract stud and replace gasket. I had a whistle noise at cold starts (sometimes) and during hard acceleration.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I just did this. My stud on driver side broke off. I was quoted 16hours to extract stud and replace gasket. I had a whistle noise at cold starts (sometimes) and during hard acceleration.

I took it to like 4 places and was told pcv failure boost leak etc etc. Took it to this shop and he handed me a piece of my exhaust manifold

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
3 broken studs, shop said others were going to break eventually as well. So all 5 were replaced, and new gaskets on exhaust manifold and downpipe + new upstream o2. Shop said old o2 sensor showed signs of running lean, gonna have to talk to my tuner.

Thanks for the help everyone.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
After driving the car for a bit and doing a couple logging pulls it still seems like something is still wrong maybe got worse. The noise is still present, sounds slightly different, but very much still there. Especially noticeable in high boost, low flow scenarios. Car's fuel consumption got even worse. I am thinking about reloading my tune and letting the ecu adapt again.

Shop warrantied the work for 24 month/ 24k mi. So I guess I'm about to take it right back.

I had them replace both fuel filter and upstream o2.
I wonder if my Lpfp is shot, at 90% duty cycle and running lean at WOT? I know they had to bend fuel lines for IE intake manifold. Gonna check the new fuel filter.

Last edited: