GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Addition CW Golf R

CW_MKVI_R

Hi all, this is our first VW and we made the plunge and bought the CW Golf R. We've only had the car for about 2 weeks now and I must say that this is one of the best purchases we've ever made. We traded in my wife's 2007 Mini Cooper S. It was a great car and served it's purpose but as the car started to get up there in miles (92,000) we decided to get a new car before the Mini started to break down and give us issues.

My wife originally wanted the Mini Countryman S ALL4, but after going on their website and building it to my wife's specs, but also adding all the features the Golf R had standard, the Countryman ended up being close to $38,000.00!!! And this is without dual climate control and the awesome performance of the R. And that was that, therefore without further adieu here is our new family addition:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 327
  • image(2).jpg
    image(2).jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 237

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
congrats and nice R! :)

CW_MKVI_R

candy white is the fastest from what i hear.:p

welcome to the forum!!

Haha...that's what I heard too. That's why we went with candy white.

congrats and nice R! :)

Thanks!

Congrats, and welcome to the forum. Now the real fun begins. ;)

Thanks! I've already bought and installed led interior bulbs and scheduled to have the the windows tinted. Waiting on a local detailer to see if he can apply an opti-coat on the car and already planning on getting the Euro Led tail lights...pending approval from the wifey...lol :iono:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Can't really go wrong with an R :D Congrats

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Haha...that's what I heard too. That's why we went with candy white.

Thanks!

Thanks! I've already bought and installed led interior bulbs and scheduled to have the the windows tinted. Waiting on a local detailer to see if he can apply an opti-coat on the car and already planning on getting the Euro Led tail lights...pending approval from the wifey...lol :iono:

I would take it to a professional detailer rather than your dealer. Check out detaillers domain or autogeek.net forums for local detailers near you. Congrats on the new car and nice choice of color.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Can't go wrong with the beautiful color and nice car also. I definitely think you'll be happier with the R than a countryman.

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
I just picked up my CW on Saturday. How freaken hard is it staying out of the powerband? hahaha I got my car with 11 miles on it. I am only up to 213 now :-(

CW_MKVI_R

I just picked up my CW on Saturday. How freaken hard is it staying out of the powerband? hahaha I got my car with 11 miles on it. I am only up to 213 now :-(

Congrats! I just cracked a 1000 miles over the weekend...you'll get there in a blink of an eye.

CW_MKVI_R

Just wanted to give a quick update on the R. I had the car opti-coated last week by Lui from Automobile Day Spa. Gotta say one of the best things I've ever had done to the car. Amazing product and it's just a shame that the picture doesn't do it justice.

Just this past weekend I had the car windows tinted. 35% ceramic LLumar Formula One Pinnacle Series tints by Nino of Umbra. I knew I was gonna get this done as I have these on the M3 as well.

Attachments

• Picture 1.JPG
    Picture 1.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 150
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 142