GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HesitaTion under sudden hard acceleration?

[shingo]

Passed Driver's Ed
I had this problem friday, it has not happend before or after. I did around 90 minutes of driving in stop and go traffic at an average of 4 mph. I don't know if it can be caused by the heat.

After the traffic cleared i nailed the accelerator and i had minor hesitation between 3000-5000 rpm.

I have stage 2 unitronic, carbonio intake and a catted downpipe. The stage 2 and downpipe is less than a week old. I was stage 1+ with carbonio before, never had any issue.

I tried to reproduce the problem this weekend without any success.

So can the heat produce such a problem?

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Heat soak maybe..

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Check and see if your coilpacks are all pressed down correctly. I had similar issues in heat a while a go and one of my coil packs was pull out a little and I had misfires when scanned with vag-com (not enough to throw a code though)

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
weird -- I experienced the same thing today, southern CA -- launched off red light in headed from 3rd into 4th there was an awkward "pause" in about that same range

then I noticed I left the A/C on.... :iono:

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Is it for like a quick second or less? I get this too sometimes but it is under normal acceleration. Have not found a common denoninator because it has only happened a hand full of times. I describe it more like a lag or almost a buck. It isnt a smooth response. I think it could be heat because i dont think it has happened at night. Apr stage 1 & intake.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk witg erroes

[shingo]

Passed Driver's Ed
It's extremly minor, it's more like the power band was not as smooth as normal. If i was racing it would have lost some milliseconds not much more.

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
I had this problem friday, it has not happend before or after. I did around 90 minutes of driving in stop and go traffic at an average of 4 mph. I don't know if it can be caused by the heat.

After the traffic cleared i nailed the accelerator and i had minor hesitation between 3000-5000 rpm.

I have stage 2 unitronic, carbonio intake and a catted downpipe. The stage 2 and downpipe is less than a week old. I was stage 1+ with carbonio before, never had any issue.

I tried to reproduce the problem this weekend without any success.

So can the heat produce such a problem?

Call uni and they will help you out. Describe the situation to them and they will help you out.

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
someone on here posted a video and said unitronic are working on it. definetly contact them and see what they know.

Avant

Ready to race!
You just got flashed to Stage 2 right? It could of adapted or something. Then again it COULD be the heat.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I get the a similar thing with APR stage 2, carbonio, 42DD catted dp, and S3 IC. I stab the throttle, it starts quick then hesitates, then goes normal. I sent Arin logs and he said it's normal for the turbo to over shoot, then correct and under shoot. I'm not convinced it's "normal" since I don't think most stage 2 cars do it, but I've seen plenty of posts on here that do describe the same issue.

Here are 2 examples. It's sometimes most obvious in 5th gear. This was on an empty section of road. Different days.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I got a similar problem after installing APR's IC few days ago. It happens mostly between 2000-2800 RPM or from shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. Double checked the hoses and they were tightly done. Still not fixed and I'm definitely not happy.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I have same issue, RPMs don't drop as in one of those videos but just hesitate slightly and then resume. With intake and exhaust I can even hear it blow off slightly when it happens.

APR Stage II.. had same issue with APR stage I and even had a reflash with an update file with no help.