GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Delaware people?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
New here. Also new to GTI's and VW's in general (have always been a Camaro and Corvette guy).

Just looking for some local people to chat with.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Such a quiet bunch. :)

Lewie84

What's up man? VW newb here as well, looking to get into a GTI. I've always been more of an F-body/Corvette person myself, so this will be a slight transition. I'm out of the country at the moment, but will be back in May. Where are you located in the state?

-Adam

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

;)

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
I wish! Can't wait to take mine on a road trip to Kentucky and Tennessee. Some of those twisty mountain roads should do her some good. ;)

If anyone is interested in any meetups, I am friends with the owners of Matilda's (up by U of D). I am sure we could do something there.

Cheezewiz009

Passed Driver's Ed
Drove SR 82 this morning from north Wilmington about an hr into PA. Nice windy road along a creek and horse farms. Was a nice morning, just wish it were warmer...

Last edited:

Cheezewiz009

Passed Driver's Ed
Drove SR 82 this morning from north Wilmington about an hr into PA. Nice windy road along a creek and horse farms. Was a nice morning, just wish it were warmer...

Drove this again over the weekend, just because I live 5 minutes away and was over there getting some food. Some street bikes (8-12 of them) drove by me rather quickly in that direction, and since I actually found that road on a motorcycle driving forum I assumed that was their destination and decided to follow.

Anyway, still an awesome road. I was nice and let them go first... bad decision, apparently only some were really testing it, and one person on one of those yellow can-am 3 wheelers was really holding things up :(

Just went 10 mins in and turned around and flew on the way, this road can't be great on the stock brakes and I think my girlfriend who was kind of kidnapped by my random ADD following adventure was a bit terrified. A lot of 3rd gear and 15mph-60mph and back to 15 again. The road goes on for about an hour if you keep riding.

If anyone is around here and wants to give it a ride some weekend there are plenty of parking lots and restaurants right at the beginning to meet at.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
I use Dover VW for now, just because it's so close to me.