GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID Levelers and Coilovers

Zwiser

Hello, I will be installing coilovers on my gti tomorrow and the coilover install part I'm not worried about, but these stupid HID levelers have me stumped... I understand that my headlights will need to be leveled after I drop, I got that part.

So I've been searching through the forums on here and various other sites about info on these bastards, and what I'm getting at is that the rear leveler arm needs to be flipped so that the "V" is facing the drivers side wheel opposed to the passenger side which I'm assuming that it is facing the passenger side from the factory?? Can anybody clear that up for me??

Also, what does flipping the arm achieve? does it prevent binding or what?? idk...

So everybody is talking about the rear leveler, but what about the front leveler?? no love for that guy??

Do I need to disconnect the levelers at anytime during my install?

Does manually adjusting the headlights affect the electronic devices linked with the HID leveling system?

I have a question non related to the HIDs... I purchased the install kit from ecs tuning for the coilers which includes all the bolts, nuts, and mounts. Is there ANY need for me to remove anything from the stock suspension components? Or can I simply just remove old and install new?

Thanks for dealing with my ignorance. I appreciate any advice given to me. :thumbup:

Whatnxt

Passed Driver's Ed
I had Koni coil overs installed on my TDI. Only thing that needed to be done was to re aim the lights, manually. Yes, the leveler connections need to be removed during install. The rest ???

TakmaN

Ready to race!
I just installed my coilovers and my headlights are pointed down now. I jacked up my car and found my leveler arm was pointed in the wrong direction (facing the passenger side when it should be facing the driver's side). I plan to flip it once I pull the lower control arm bolt and see if it fixes my headlight aim.

Some pictures and explanation here:
http://www.swankmonkey.com/vw/jetta/2006/xenon_adjustment/

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I didn't touch the leveller when I installed my suspension. Got a friend to use VAG-COM to adjust the aiming after they settled