GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

maintenance tracking?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
How do you guys track the mainteneance done to your cars? Is there a site you use, or a spreadsheet to track when you did X or when you had VW perform Y....

i wanted to do something like it for a while but wanted to see what others might be using before making something of my own, likely something in excel

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Also use Excel to track all maintenance, repairs, and mods done to the car.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
im curious how you guys have it formatted

It's nothing special but does the trick, these are the columns I have:
Date
Job (what work was done or bought)
Current Mileage
Where Performed
Next Maintenance
Expiration (for warranties, etc.)
Misc. Notes
Category (Maintenance, Repair, or Upgrades)
Cost

And I have a graph that shows what I've spend on maintenance vs. repairs vs. upgrades. Upgrades is way higher than the other two categories, lol.

zrickety

The Fixer
Spreadsheets are nice, but people like to see receipts. I keep most in a folder and write in the repairs/upgrades with the services in the manual.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Spreadsheets are nice, but people like to see receipts. I keep most in a folder and write in the repairs/upgrades with the services in the manual.

I keep all receipts too :)

b-nez

I use the Drivvo app. I like it because it also tracks fuel and lots of different reporting and charting options.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
finally made my spreadsheet and input the work done since i bought the car... i have a digital copy of what was done at the dealer who serviced the car before it ended up in my hands... contemplating inputting that as well

I actually made this into a google spreadsheet, which reminds me that you can make a webform for input.... i might tinker with something like that, and can update on that if i end up trying it out. if it works ill make a how-to.

I will check out those apps you guys mentioned too.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So i think i've got my spreadsheet as workable as it will get.

First tab to input the raw data. the columns are filterable so i can only look at oil changes, or air filters, what have you...

The second tab tracks when I am due to do various interval tasks.

If anyone wants a copy of this, let me know.