Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
JB Ad just played on my FB feed :laugh:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
:bellyroll: :bellyroll: :bellyroll:

I did tell Alexa yesterday to say hello to the government. She claims she doesn't know that person....

Sure Alexa. A likely story. Uh huh.

Jaber

Modero
I stopped making tinfoil hats a few years ago. Actually considering buying an alexa to keep in the kitchen. Mostly for listening to tunes and such.

Jaber do you like it?

That bitch is all around my house, 3 dots and 1 echo. I bought a return Echo for the garage, sounds good. Echo Dot might sound crappy in a garage. So far we really like it. I got the echo for $54, since it was a return on Amazon. Amazon had a deal a few weeks ago for 2 Dots, think $30 each. Then I found a open box at Target for half the price.

I'm trying Amazon's Unlimited Family music thing, so far I like it, has good music selection.

In the kitchen we use it for music, weather, traffic, controlling Fire Stick TV in living room (pause, stop, play) and timer. Rest of the house, mainly music and every so often intercom. Eventually I want to get the lightswitches, so I can control them through Alexa.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
That bitch is all around my house, 3 dots and 1 echo. I bought a return Echo for the garage, sounds good. Echo Dot might sound crappy in a garage. So far we really like it. I got the echo for $54, since it was a return on Amazon. Amazon had a deal a few weeks ago for 2 Dots, think $30 each. Then I found a open box at Target for half the price.

I'm trying Amazon's Unlimited Family music thing, so far I like it, has good music selection.

In the kitchen we use it for music, weather, traffic, controlling Fire Stick TV in living room (pause, stop, play) and timer. Rest of the house, mainly music and every so often intercom. Eventually I want to get the lightswitches, so I can control them through Alexa.

Interesting. I'll prob just get the echo, I don't see the need to have more than one. Didn't know you could control everything through that. I don't have a tv, might be buying one soon. It'll be the first TV I've owned in about 13 years.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I stopped making tinfoil hats a few years ago.

I'm not 100% sure I believe it... I just think the meme is funny. :)

I don't have any Alexas. It just feels funny talking to a device. I feel odd using Siri most of the time when I use it (which is only when driving, when I *need* to send a text back to somebody).

Jaber

Modero
I'm not 100% sure I believe it... I just think the meme is funny. :)

I don't have any Alexas. It just feels funny talking to a device. I feel odd using Siri most of the time when I use it (which is only when driving, when I *need* to send a text back to somebody).

Yeah, it's a bit weird and hard to remember the commands at first. My Nest IQ camera has Google Assistant built-in. I tried it for a while and wasn't that impressed. It didn't understand some of my questions and integration isn't as great as Alexa (for now). When I went to the store to test out the Google Mini, Echo Dot sounded way better. With Google Assistant, I felt like I needed to take my time saying the commands. With Alexa, it feels more natural.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yeah we're eff'ed in the A anyway since we all 'need' our cellphones; if they are tapped they are tapped whatever just don't plan any attacks i guess?

Jaber

Modero
Yeah we're eff'ed in the A anyway since we all 'need' our cellphones; if they are tapped they are tapped whatever just don't plan any attacks i guess?

Only smart device I would not trust is one for a gun safe.

"ALEXA, THE GOVERNMENT IS COMING, OPEN GUN SAFE! ALEXA!! ALEXXXXAAA OPEN THE SAAAAFFFE!"

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Only smart device I would not trust is one for a gun safe.

"ALEXA, THE GOVERNMENT IS COMING, OPEN GUN SAFE! ALEXA!! ALEXXXXAAA OPEN THE SAAAAFFFE!"

I'm afraid I can't do that, Jaber.

Status
Not open for further replies.