GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would you buy another MKVI?

chuckk23

Ready to race!
I would absolutely buy a GTI again. This car puts a smile on my face each and every time I am behind the wheel. Could I have purchased a more expensive/luxurious car, yes. However, the GTI blends the perfect amount of sophistication/utility/performance in one package.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
I would absolutely buy a GTI again. This car puts a smile on my face each and every time I am behind the wheel. Could I have purchased a more expensive/luxurious car, yes. However, the GTI blends the perfect amount of sophistication/utility/performance in one package.

i like you

CT-GTI1

I am on my 5th GTI in a row. '96, '00, '01, '06, & now a '12.
All but one had way over 100K miles. I love the GTI for many reasons, but no other car compares for me for a solid fast little car. It's quick as anything, and when I grab the steering wheel or close the door, it just feels so solid. I have never driven any hatchback like it before.My last 4, and every car I ever had were manual. I decided to go with the DSG due to crazy traffic. I do NOT regret my decision 1 bit. It's a great car, as have been my last 4 GTI's. I don't think I'll ever own a car other than the VW GTI. Happy since 1996.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Are you even allowed to get a polo in china?

Seems like they might decide you'll have a hummer :D

Yep, the Chinese love VW's. They get a much greater assortment than we could ever dream of in the US.

If my VW were stolen or totaled tomorrow, I'd go get another.

veeDubin6

Ready to race!
same, i think the mk6 best year ., nd i want to put my car in garage soon, so im able to keep it in mint condition and have it forever:D;) cuz the think this car is special .

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
love my car...but i think if i was buying another car i would get a slightly used 135, or 370z simply because i could add more usable power with RWD. and 2 more cylinders.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Based solely on dealership experiences..... No.

There aren't many options for dealers close to me and the ones here in the SF Bay Area have proven to be pretty bad to me already.

Of all my Toyotas, Chevys, Hondas, Nissans, Fords and others I've never had bad dealer experiences like my first 3 months owning a VW.

Love the car, but I've already paid over $1k in repairs the warranty should cover due to poor dealership service and VWOA being unresponsive. Hope there are no other issues going forward...

VWTN

Ready to race!
It's not a car I'm overly passionate about but it has served the role we bought it for, very well. We needed a more fuel efficient vehicle due to my wife's commute. I wasn't keen on buying something I loathed, just because it got 45mpg. The GTI was a great compromise. My wife went from getting 13mpg in the tahoe to an average of 26-28mpg (95% city). Fuel savings are in the 100s per month.

It's fun, fast, responsive and trouble free so far. The tech works and it's relatively quite and comfortable for it's size.

All that said, when it's over.. it'll probably the last time we own a car. Our situation is about to change (moving to the country) and a more capable vehicle for that environment is more appropriate.

I would suggest this car to others though. Hard to beat the total package in its class and price range.

wildcars

Ready to race!
I had a 2010 UG Golf 6 GTI, and then sold it for a 2011 Polo GTI...

Now i'm selling the 2011 Polo GTI, and then buying another 2012 Golf 6 GTI.. But this time, i'm getting it in CW, Xenon, Golf R LED rear lights, Satnav, PDC, Leather, sunroof, 18" Rims, fully equipped..

And time i'm going to keep for a while until the Golf 7 GTi comes again, because i love the quality and the comfort of the car, and i get my GTI in 4 doors, more practical, but then again, South Africa only offers the Golf in 4 doors..

inc55

Go Kart Champion
It's my 3rd month of ownership and I kinda regret trading my G37S for this car. I wish I kept the MkV r32 I had before the g37. The gti rattles a lot and the suspension isn't so great. I'd probably like the car more if I didn't live in NY. The 4 cylinder 328 looks sweet. But aside from rattles I love my gti.

gh172

Ready to race!
I've had my GTI nearly four years and plan on keeping it until it dies a slow death. Absolutely no regrets and would love another one some time in the future.