GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mid install of K04 - need some help

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Two things,

One, I'm still fighting the 6mm Allen holding the heat shield on top of the exhaust runners.

Two, the downpipe studs on the k04 (used) are a little dirty. I'm going to try to retap the threads to clean them and then try the new downpipe nuts.

One of the studs came out with the nut. Can I reuse the stud? Could I reuse a stud from the ihi? Do I need a special tool?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
don't retap them to clean, hit them with a wire brush to clean the gunk off. As for the other stuff, I'm not sure

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
I ripped the f'n heat shield out by hand on my car because I stripped that third screw out. Not reccomending that but it's an option. Try going in on the right side of the engine where the intake piping was.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Finally got it... Took a special Allen with a ball on the end. Now I'm stuck on the turbo bracket Allen.. Same issue. It's freaking stubborn. Will continue in the morning.

I'm just really scared of stripping bolts.

On a side note, anyone know how to remove this vacuum line?? I was squeezing and pulling like no other.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
get a maxjax low height 2 post lift in there!

KKrayZee

get some loctite stud lock pur the stud back in leave overnight then try taking the nut off again should work,

if you have the exact same size die, should work too clean threads, but a wire brush is safer

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
You can chase the threads for the studs with a tap but its imperative you use the correct size tap and run it in true. When chasing threads you run it straight in and out not 1 turn back a half like you are cutting new threads

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
Comes apart like the Pcv connector on the intake piping. If I'm looking at the right vacuum line.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
get some loctite stud lock pur the stud back in leave overnight then try taking the nut off again should work,

if you have the exact same size die, should work too clean threads, but a wire brush is safer
Well it's morning now. I will try to loctite it first thing. What is the best way to tighten the stud to the turbo?

You can chase the threads for the studs with a tap but its imperative you use the correct size tap and run it in true. When chasing threads you run it straight in and out not 1 turn back a half like you are cutting new threads
Ok. Will try a wire brush first.

Comes apart like the Pcv connector on the intake piping. If I'm looking at the right vacuum line.
That was just as difficult...

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
On a side note, anyone know how to remove this vacuum line?? I was squeezing and pulling like no other.

sucks. almost guaranteed to crack if its old and brittle. like mine did. dont use any sharp tools like screwdrivers, just keep trying with your hands