GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR stage 1 owner/impressions

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
I bought a TDI because I like the Golf platform, but don't want to be associated with flat brimmed GTI people. Golf R people are ok though, since they're usually guys in their 30s/40s and don't rice them out and drive like asshats.

Come on, you wanted the mpg's, don't make excuses

Bender1

Banned
I bought a TDI because I like the Golf platform, but don't want to be associated with flat brimmed GTI people. Golf R people are ok though, since they're usually guys in their 30s/40s and don't rice them out and drive like asshats.

Most GTI owners are in our 30s BTW...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

I have to say there is truth to this... Most R owners I have met were actually older than 30s/40s

McQueen77

Banned
I have to say there is truth to this... Most R owners I have met were actually older than 30s/40s

which makes sense since R's cost about 10 grand more and people in their 20s cant afford them.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Most GTI owners are in our 30s BTW...

I've owned 6 GTIs since I got my license 11 years ago and I'm only 27. Only one was damaged by a deer then repaired by a Russian friend of mine after I bought it back from the insurance company and sold it to him. All the others were sold in good condition. I guess they've just been upgrades.

'88 GTI 16v, '02 GTI 1.8T, '03 20th GTI #1552, '07 GTI, '03 20th GTI #2700, '10 GTI (current).

(I also had a '04.5 GLI 1.8T just before the '10 GTI and a '91 GLI 16v before the '02 GTI.)

azthegame

Ready to race!
Did anybody notice the dyno graph for the APR tune on their site is different than when it first came out? I remember the graph was all over the place at first and now it is a smooth and sharp rise to the peak and slow descent, more like the traditional dyno graph from Malone or uni. I guess they modified the original tune? Anybody inquire or get reflashed with the updated tune?

Shutaro

Ready to race!
Did anybody notice the dyno graph for the APR tune on their site is different than when it first came out? I remember the graph was all over the place at first and now it is a smooth and sharp rise to the peak and slow descent, more like the traditional dyno graph from Malone or uni. I guess they modified the original tune? Anybody inquire or get reflashed with the updated tune?

Looks the same as when I got tuned last spring...

Defcon888

Passed Driver's Ed

The hp went up and torques down a bit though. I have the old tune. Didn't inquire about the new... But I believe the new one does not have the cruise control EMCS functions anymore.

azthegame

Ready to race!
Looks the same as when I got tuned last spring...

That is the original graph

This is new one

jetdi_padawan

I got all excited by this, checked with my local tuner (who did my flash). "APR has altered their graphs slightly however the software has not been changed. Thanks!"

Charles H

Got APR to install the Oettinger tune in my mk.6 GTD a while back.... Have never looked back... It builds torque so much harder and is SUCH a nicer car to drive. The drivability and noticeability of the tune is just awesome.Untitled.jpg