GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stage 2 vs 300C SRT-8

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Hell my boosted r32 couldn't keep up with a ECU modded SRT8 magnum. Those things are American muscle with German technology. Let me guess... you can take the new 5.0 also.

nope not a new 5.0 but i could and did take a srt-8 300c. and im sorry but if your boosted r32 could not pull a srt-8 magnum with just a tune then your shit was slow cuz a tune dosent do much for a srt-8 unless it has full boltons

SRT2GTI

Banned
Not to hard to believe. I used to beat SRT8s in my (at the time) bone stock SRT4 Neon all the time... which was also a 13.7-14.0 rated car. I really haven't raced anyone yet in my S2+ GTI, but I'm sure I'll run into something sooner than later. A stage 2 GTI feels as fast or maybe slightly faster than a stage 1 SRT4 Neon.

Edvis

Ready to race!
And in other mags they get thru the 1/4 in 13.6 seconds

I could believe it that you pulled on it. I did a quarter mile in 13.7. I also did a run against a G8 GT and put 2+ cars and he would only start catching up when we hit 120. They have a lil less horsepower than the SRT8 but also weigh 200-300lbs less. Those automatic transmissions don't help at all too.

Sleepy1

Ready to race!
OK we are peeing up stream. W/O proof everybody car is faster that the other. The boys over at SRT8 connection forum is calling out any GTI that wants to try. Maybe we can solve this at the track one day.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
OK we are peeing up stream. W/O proof everybody car is faster that the other. The boys over at SRT8 connection forum is calling out any GTI that wants to try. Maybe we can solve this at the track one day.

really i looked over there no ones calling out anyone but id love to run one on vid if its stock moded no point

Sleepy1

Ready to race!
I was told by my brother that he started a thread but w/o an account I can't search. Will post link when he gets out if church.

Zach84

Ready to race!
read what baldeagle said " Those 13.2 @ 109 mph test results are under ideal circumstances. Your 13.8 @ 105 mph are numbers you actually achieved. On the road, the SRT-8 may not be as fast as the magazine’s test indicates. You also didn’t go from a dig, where his RWD may have given him a better launch advantage. On the road, you may be close. And if he had extra weight in his car, that might explain your edge. Good run "

and my 13.8 @ 105mph is on A/S i know i could and will do batter with summers. and who know how many miles are on hes car could have over 100k

With drag racing, even with a shitty 60ft (which will explain a bad et.) your trap speed will still be within a mph or 2 of your best run... With roll races your trap speed comes into more of a play than your et.

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Not to hard to believe. I used to beat SRT8s in my (at the time) bone stock SRT4 Neon all the time... which was also a 13.7-14.0 rated car. I really haven't raced anyone yet in my S2+ GTI, but I'm sure I'll run into something sooner than later. A stage 2 GTI feels as fast or maybe slightly faster than a stage 1 SRT4 Neon.

I'm sorry but that's hard to believe. I ran a 300c srt-8 once when my 135 was stock and it was pretty damn even. I did notice after that my AC was on but oh well haha. Never had a problem with a stock skittle though...

SRT2GTI

Banned
I'm sorry but that's hard to believe. I ran a 300c srt-8 once when my 135 was stock and it was pretty damn even. I did notice after that my AC was on but oh well haha. Never had a problem with a stock skittle though...

Believe it or not, I don't care. I have more important things to do than lie about a street race that took place six years ago. I raced an SRT8 Charger from stop light to stop light 3 consectutive times and won each time by a car or so. Factory freak? who knows, but it happened.

qshashaa

Ready to race!

Besides knowing whats on paper, have you ever driven or been inside a stage 2 gti?

SRT2GTI

Banned
Besides knowing whats on paper, have you ever driven or been inside a stage 2 gti?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say no. There is a big difference between magazine specs and real world application.