GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: JVC Kenwood KW-V830BT Headunit (CarPlay / Android Auto) Plus EXTRAS

virtualbong

Passed Driver's Ed
Ran a high grade usb extension under the middle console or whatever and replaced the 'aux' port with a female usb connector. Then I could plug my phone in right there or a usb flash drive etc. but its perfect because the phone sat right in the cup holder.

I'll double check but I'll even throw in those wires as I think I kept them before trading it in.

Thanks for the quick response. I want to make sure I understand the whole process and what is needed before I make a decision.

Was the mid console easy to snap off and was it easy to feed the wires from the back of the unit down the dash and through the mid console?

snidehockey

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the quick response. I want to make sure I understand the whole process and what is needed before I make a decision.

Was the mid console easy to snap off and was it easy to feed the wires from the back of the unit down the dash and through the mid console?

Well I had a manual and the shifter boot just lifted straight up out of the way. Then two screws and the flip up storage/lighter piece comes out. The little rubber storage pocket thing in the armrest I removed to get access to the back side of the aux port thing which also snapped out without much effort.

It was like a 30-45 minute project to get it completely done and how I wanted and put back together.