GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

All quiet on the 2.5L front

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
So I'm about to change my tranny fluid for the first time. 129000 km. Bought 6L of Pentosin ATF1 LV, VW gasket, VW filter. I hope I won't do more harm than good.

I'm also getting ready to do this. Is there a good write up anywhere. I thought it was just drain from the drain plug fill from the reverse light switch and rellace the filter. Is that about it?

Last edited:

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Wow, I’ve been in London, England for almost a week now and no 2.5 postings since.

Went back home to BC for a bit, so the Golf is alone in Ontario. I've been driving my old B15 Sentra SE-R while I've been back, which has been fun.

2.5-wise, I've picked up a spare set of headlights and some Morimoto projectors for real cheap (Princess auto has Morimoto Mini H1's for <$20 each for any other Canadians), and have been reading up on some retrofitting guides. Likely won't get to the retrofit until I come back to BC for good though

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Ben, at this rate that Golf will last forever

Hope you had a great trip Mark, did you bring back that RS6 Avant for me:lol:

This Golf is now twice as fun as when I bought it, and has been near bombproof thus far. It owes me nothing. I’m just over 150km...a good 3 or 4 years left Still looking for a relatively low km B8 S5 that’s been well taken care of as second car.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Hope you had a great trip Mark, did you bring back that RS6 Avant for me:lol:

This Golf is now twice as fun as when I bought it, and has been near bombproof thus far. It owes me nothing. I’m just over 150km...a good 3 or 4 years left Still looking for a relatively low km B8 S5 that’s been well taken care of as second car.
Didn't see any I coulda stolen for ya. :p

Heading back Home tonight, see you in the funny pages.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Agreed. I pop in from time to time but I haven't done anything with the car since removing all the IE stuff. Got the car smogged the other day. It took 10 minutes and I didn't have to lift a finger. Well actually I had to lift my finger to point at the C.A.R.B sticker on the P-flow. Also, watched the cops inspect under the hood of a Subaru at the beach the other day. They're crackin down on modded cars hear in Southern California.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Hey, how is life in the OC, must be nice?
The US/Canada border was closed for Covid so couldn't get to my place in SC this summer to enjoy the beach.