• Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Max Verstappen no penalty...and go.

I don’t think it should be a penalty. Once Max got the inside he had the power to do whatever he wanted. He essentially just late breaker into Leclerq’s line and then turned in. Leclerq shouldn’t have given him the inside. Watch next time though. Think we’ll see more incidents should this scenario play out again.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I don’t think it should be a penalty. Once Max got the inside he had the power to do whatever he wanted. He essentially just late breaker into Leclerq’s line and then turned in. Leclerq shouldn’t have given him the inside. Watch next time though. Think we’ll see more incidents should this scenario play out again.

yeah im biased on this one cause i wanted to see leclerc get that first podium confidence boost . i feel like he did push him off track HOWEVER that being said...

i think max definitely couldve passed him in a straight instead of in a turn with his pace, unnecessary risk but that IS his late braking driving style. no doubt leclerc was going to get passed eventually by max...

Another opinion: I think the FIA brought way too much attention to it as well by waiting hours to announce their decision. The delay had me and others thinking they were gonna penalize max but wanted his thousands of fans to go home before announcing it . Youre at the redbull ring, in the drivers hometown of austria...in a redbull car. Fans there wouldnt exactly be happy if you took away the win. :paddle:

TLDR: max deserved this win, especially cause that horrendous start off the line

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah, so glad the stewards let them race this time. Great driving from both Max and Charles! Very much enjoyed this race.
Man, what an exciting race, considering no retirements, DNFs, or flags. Everyone finished!

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I agree it was a great race. If not for Max carving his way through the field it would have been a yawner. So glad the stewards let the results stand, as they should have. Good hard clean racing!

If the stewards ruled otherwise the Dutchies would have lynched them. LOL

torga

Autocross Champion
Great photo from right after the race. Sums it up.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
That was the end for Gasly at Red Bull. I bet Kvyat will be in the car from Britain onward.

torga

Autocross Champion
That was the end for Gasly at Red Bull. I bet Kvyat will be in the car from Britain onward.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Two identical cars. One carved its way back up several places to win the GP - the other gets lapped.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Gasly shot himself in the foot big time. Lapped by his teammate, wow!

Leclerc really held it together after the race. Yes he wasn't happy, but who would be? Can you imagine the whining Vettel would do in the same situation. It won't be long before Leclerc will be on the top step.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Great photo from right after the race. Sums it up.
lol yep, good on him to show emotion though. most new drivers stay pretty quiet in the sport till got a few years behind them
good point here
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Two identical cars. One carved its way back up several places to win the GP - the other gets lapped.

stroll to mercedes in 2020? :iono:

torga

Autocross Champion