GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

amp to run the rear dynaudios

hi all:

I am a stereo newb so bear with me.

I think the rear dynaudio speakers need to be a pushed a bit louder... a bit more oomph... they seem like mere afterthoughts...

Is it advisable to grab another amp to run just the 4 speakers in the back and let the OEM blau amp run the 4 in the front???

Can the stock amp be made to crank up power to the rear?

I do not want a sub... please. All input appreciated.

lewylou78

Ready to race!
I believe the stock amp powers the 2 big speakers in the front and the 2 big speakers in the rear. The amp does not power the tweeters (2 front, 2 rear). Some people with the Dynaudio system have added an additional amp and subwoofer.

I myself just installed an 8" amplified bazooka (100W) because I think the Dynaudio setup lacks low end bass. The bazooka makes a HUGE difference. In my opinion, VW should have installed a woofer with the Dnyaudio system instead of just powering the speakers with an amp.

You can tap into the wires at the amp by following this link here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...to-mkvi-gti-with-dynaudio&highlight=subwoofer

glowworm238

Ready to race!
The amp in the dynaudio is an 8 channel amp with an internal crossover. You can tap into the rear channels before tha amplifier and run it to the amp for the rear speakers. You will have to need some type of crossover for the stock speakers. The front woofers are 2 ohm and 4 ohm for the tweeters, I have never taken the rear ones out. The only supposed change is a different size tweeter. You also can get a 4 channel amp an run it off the outputs of the stock amps rear channels, this will keep the stock Dynaudio sound processing in place. Good luck

lewylou78

Ready to race!
I have it right behind the rear seat (the 60 section, not the 40 section). I'll post a pic in the next day or so.

lewylou78

Ready to race!
Here you go:

lewylou78

Ready to race!
Nope, I tapped the wires at the stock amp (under the driver side front seat):

right rear positive: red with purple stripe
right rear negative: brown with purple stripe
left rear positive: red with white stripe
left rear negative: brown with white stripe

I did have to take the battery out in order to have room to run the power cable. The lower side interior trim (only on the driver side) had to be removed, and the rear lower seat bottom had to be removed. That's about it.

The added low end bass makes the entire system sound that much better now, I'm so glad I did it.