GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

McDowell's black widow build

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Installed my Coolingmist digital controller in my glowshift vent pod

- The Glowshift vent pod was a decent fit and the only issue I have with it, is the fact I had to remove all of the internal vent fins and gearing underneath the vent tube.

- I installed my Coolingmist Water/methanol pump under my COBB CAI, I bolted it to the intake bottom. I found there was plenty of room and it remains hidden. I also ran the boost hose and wiring between the battery and strut tower area and through the firewall pass through boot.

- I installed the nozzle (CM7) in the meth bung on my BSH pipe post intercooler and pre MAP sensor.

Last edited:

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Got this beauty in while i was away for a few weeks.... ceramic coated FrankenTurbo (F23T).

Ordered these today:

Flow design....Golf R front splitter, side splitters and rear splitters as a bundle.

Not my car

Ordered this Agency Power carbon fiber rear diffuser.

zrickety

The Fixer
Great build, subscribed.

Natemk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed my Coolingmist digital controller in my glowshift vent pod

- The Glowshift vent pod was a decent fit and the only issue I have with it, is the fact I had to remove all of the internal vent fins and gearing underneath the vent tube.

- I installed my Coolingmist Water/methanol pump under my COBB CAI, I bolted it to the intake bottom. I found there was plenty of room and it remains hidden. I also ran the boost hose and wiring between the battery and strut tower area and through the firewall pass through boot.

- I installed the nozzle (CM7) in the meth bung on my BSH pipe post intercooler and pre MAP sensor.

Nice build!

How did you run your AP wire? I have mine mounted in the same location but I still need to route my wire for a more clean look like yours.

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Nice build!

How did you run your AP wire? I have mine mounted in the same location but I still need to route my wire for a more clean look like yours.
I just tucked in between the piller and dash trim, ran down through the fuse box area

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Recieved my initial tune from Alex @ Stratified Automotive Controls yesterday and will be ready to start etuning my F23t as soon as its in.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Thanks brother....installing my F23t as i type.

You're going to love it! Great build - love the AP mount point. I tried to put mine on the plastic trim piece between the headlight switch and the steering column - wasn't happy with it. I'll be revisiting it to the windshield as soon as my new sticky mount arrives.

Will be cool to compare data logs for Stratified vs Freektune after you're all set up. I'm doing a dyno tune with Freektune to get dialed in in the next week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havocsrt

Ready to race!
You're going to love it! Great build - love the AP mount point. I tried to put mine on the plastic trim piece between the headlight switch and the steering column - wasn't happy with it. I'll be revisiting it to the windshield as soon as my new sticky mount arrives.

Will be cool to compare data logs for Stratified vs Freektune after you're all set up. I'm doing a dyno tune with Freektune to get dialed in in the next week or two.

My AP is very comfortable in that location, i dont like the idea of sticking things to my dash so i went with windshield mount, i love it so far. I would be interested in comparing data as well. Im very happy with Stratified's customer service. They have their own F23t in an MK6 development car, so they can really dial it in and alter the tune for best drivability as well as power.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
My AP is very comfortable in that location, i dont like the idea of sticking things to my dash so i went with windshield mount, i love it so far. I would be interested in comparing data as well. Im very happy with Stratified's customer service. They have their own F23t in an MK6 development car, so they can really dial it in and alter the tune for best drivability as well as power.

Nice - Freektune also recently just installed the F23T in their in-house MK6 :). It's great having some actual independent competition in this space for our cars!