GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying a used 2010 GTI, questions and concerns.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Those lights are crap! Don’t buy them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHACwave

Those lights are crap! Don’t buy them!

I bought mine with bulbs for that price and have had them for over 1 year ... no issues ... am pleased with my purchase AND they look good ... that's my experience

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
That’s true, they do look good!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I’m kidding! They’re crap!! Before I retrofitted genuine xenons with AFS I searched many threads etc and these lights were failing all over! I mean , look at the wiring for a start! The led controllers were overheating on the majority of them and melting the housing too! I then decided to go with the OEM reps which are built a bit better than these but they didn’t last either! The quality control is just non existent so they just fall apart! Save yourself the hassle, time and money (in the long run) and buy genuine or for easy plug and play get the osram lights, I’ve seen no reports of problems with them at all! But I’m personally glad I fitted the genuine ones as the AFS is excellent, I’ve got all the info for coding and fitting if you go the genuine route, you’ll need to do the byte 18 coding for the rears too unless you get reps with a shitty code box.

Sniper260687

So i installed the lights today, pretty easy job considering there was no panel underneath.... kinda pissed.

Then i saw, should i be concerned? It is fresh however i do not see any stains on my garage.

IMG_20171230_182238 by sniper260687, on Flickr

IMG_20171230_182247 by sniper260687, on Flickr

2017-12-30_07-19-12 by sniper260687, on Flickr

Oh yeah the lights. Pretty happy with the lights, yet there is a disgusting huge gap under, between the lights and the bumper.....

IMG_20171230_191703 by sniper260687, on Flickr

IMG_20171230_191658 by sniper260687, on Flickr

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
That gap is probably from them just not being seated properly, it’s quite common to think they’re home (OEM or aftermarket) but in fact they either haven’t slotted into the tray underneath or they’re sitting above the little pin that should poke through the hole at the base of the lens, either way they feel like they’re in properly when you do it! Have another play with them! You’ll know when it finally slots in right!
The OEM ones do simply fit better though! That’s just how it is! These will likely fit in properly but you just have to mess with them whereas the OEM HELLA ones just drop in without any drama, as would your halogens if you were to put them back on.

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Check the areas above the oil that is around the lip of the pan as it could be coming from around the turbo, I can’t remember off hand the exact cause if that is the case! It could equally be the oil pan gasket or that bolt just not done up tight but it’s hard to say from just pictures, a new sump plug should sort the other oil patch, Or it could just be a bit loose!

Sniper260687

That gap is probably from them just not being seated properly, it’s quite common to think they’re home (OEM or aftermarket) but in fact they either haven’t slotted into the tray underneath or they’re sitting above the little pin that should poke through the hole at the base of the lens, either way they feel like they’re in properly when you do it! Have another play with them! You’ll know when it finally slots in right!
The OEM ones do simply fit better though! That’s just how it is! These will likely fit in properly but you just have to mess with them whereas the OEM HELLA ones just drop in without any drama, as would your halogens if you were to put them back on.

Well i had to align the red lines with the grill, so i cant move them much :mad0259:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Well i had to align the red lines with the grill, so i cant move them much :mad0259:

The red shouldn’t go out of line as they will sort of rotate rather than drop, they need to be seated properly or they’ll vibrate like mad which will be visible at the cut off of the beam over bumps etc!

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
[QUOTE

Currently i have a 17 Audi TTS.

Yes,my GF is aware i dont wanna get marry ;)[/B]

2017-12-11_08-03-57 by sniper260687, on Flickr

[/QUOTE]

Duuuuuuuuuude, that plate is priceless!!!!

Congrats on the purchase man. I see the bug has already bit. Have you done any mods on the TT? Get good plugs and R8 coils, check the pcv, and I think someone has already said to check the tensioner... don't sleep on that one.

Sniper260687

[QUOTE

Currently i have a 17 Audi TTS.

Yes,my GF is aware i dont wanna get marry ;)[/B]

2017-12-11_08-03-57 by sniper260687, on Flickr

Duuuuuuuuuude, that plate is priceless!!!!

Congrats on the purchase man. I see the bug has already bit. Have you done any mods on the TT? Get good plugs and R8 coils, check the pcv, and I think someone has already said to check the tensioner... don't sleep on that one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks boss!

Oh yeah the TTS is heavily modified pushing 400 to the wheels, basically stock TTRS numbers.

One of the reason why i got the GTI, the TTS got really uncomfortable being a daily.

I checked the tensioner looks good lol but idk how to look and see if is in good conditions :iono: