GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any SF bay area recommendations for stereo installation?

.:MTB:.

I'm upgrading my GTI Premium VIII factory system. I'm spending a decent amount on my system and I am nervous about picking a shop to install my system.

I live 30 minutes south of SF. I would be willing to drive an hour or so in any direction for the install. Any recommendations?

Here is what I will be installing:
DSP: JBL MS-8 -- under driver's seat
Amp: JL HD 900/5 -- under floor of rear hatch
Fronts: New components (Focal 165 VR's if I can find a good deal on them)
Rears: TBD, but will be coax in order to have tweets in rear since the MS-8 only has eight channels
Sub: JL Stealthbox

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
kartunez in pleasanton. they have done tints for me and a few other members, and did my stereo install. a few non-gti friends have also used them with great success

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I didn't really hear a difference before and after dynamat in my car... May not want to waste that money.

.:MTB:.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I found my guy! He goes by "simplicityinsound" on DIYMA and Facebook. His installs are amazing! My install using factory speaker locations will probably be one of the most basic he has ever done...

I switched speaker selection. Going with Morel MT22 tweeters and Arc Audio Black series woofers. OMG I can't wait to hear it!

Tadddd

Ready to race!
Appears to be too late, but i used to frequent Pacific Stereo in Redwood City.

simplicityinsound sounds familiar though...

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
Appears to be too late, but i used to frequent Pacific Stereo in Redwood City.

simplicityinsound sounds familiar though...

I hope Pacific Stereo in Redwood City is different than the one in Fremont cuz those guys just plain suck after that one old white dude left :(

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Pacific stereo isn't a very good shop. I would recommend either Simplicity in Sound. Bing is a great guy or Sound Innovations. Ernie and his team always do great work and I am probably going to have him do my work on my GTI.

VDubDreamin

Sound Source in Oakland!Window tint also.
Allen will take care of you.
Tell him Kevin Sent you.

Last edited:
P

plac

Thanks for the suggestions, but I found my guy! He goes by "simplicityinsound" on DIYMA and Facebook. His installs are amazing! My install using factory speaker locations will probably be one of the most basic he has ever done...

I switched speaker selection. Going with Morel MT22 tweeters and Arc Audio Black series woofers. OMG I can't wait to hear it!

i've known of simplicity sound for years. he does amazing pods.

P

plac

Pacific stereo isn't a very good shop. I would recommend either Simplicity in Sound. Bing is a great guy or Sound Innovations. Ernie and his team always do great work and I am probably going to have him do my work on my GTI.

pacific stereo is a joke man.. low low end..

Tadddd

Ready to race!
pacific stereo is a joke man.. low low end..

Oh well. I've seen them tackle some pretty big installs and I know most of the guys by name. :iono:

Obviously simplicity is getting some pretty substantial recommendations.

If I had the money, I'd probably take mine to him then. But I do my own installs. and i'm not too picky on aesthetics.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Only thing I used Pacific Stereo for was price. Bought some Boston SPZ60s from them when they first came out. Every one else was charging $1200, I got them for just a tad over 800 from Pacific with tax.