GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vw to porsche boxter brake upgrade parts list & future DIY

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
i love my 6 pots:bellyroll: i get amazing braking power.

How are those endos lmfao.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Doesn't ECS stock a caliper carrier? EVOMS used to as well. I haven't looked in a while. It's a great upgrade. I did it on my last Passat and it's noticeable to say the least.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Good luck with the Install. These have been awesome on my car..
5.5 pounds lighter per side too which is a difference you can feel..

You will need the Porsche Vibration dampers as well (not cheap) as this set-up is naturally noisy

Pics and install: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gti-20-2011-stuff/brembo-brakes/

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but how are you feeling the weight difference? I know it's technically not sprung weight, and a reduction in inspiring weight is always good, but it's not rotating mass either. When I did this upgrade I didn't notice any difference other than the braking.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but how are you feeling the weight difference? I know it's technically not sprung weight, and a reduction in inspiring weight is always good, but it's not rotating mass either. When I did this upgrade I didn't notice any difference other than the braking.
Unsprung weight such as calipers, carriers, suspension components etc assist with the compression and rebound of your suspension, think of it this way. take a 10lb weight and swing it left and right, now take a 5lb weight and swing it left and right... which one can you swing faster with less effort?
Same thing applies with unsprung non rotating mass. The less weight you have the faster your suspension can react to potholes, rapid left & right turns, braking, acceleration.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Unsprung weight such as calipers, carriers, suspension components etc assist with the compression and rebound of your suspension, think of it this way. take a 10lb weight and swing it left and right, now take a 5lb weight and swing it left and right... which one can you swing faster with less effort?
Same thing applies with unsprung non rotating mass. The less weight you have the faster your suspension can react to potholes, rapid left & right turns, braking, acceleration.

/\ This!

I happen to be very sensitive to chassis dynamics so it's definitely a difference I can feel (you may not)..I've done this on other cars with similar results. Between my brakes and wheels I'm down 7.5 lbs per side. In Unsprung weight, this is pretty substantial..

Brembo:

Stock Boat Anchor:

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
/\ This!

I happen to be very sensitive to chassis dynamics so it's definitely a difference I can feel (you may not)..I've done this on other cars with similar results. Between my brakes and wheels I'm down 7.5 lbs per side. In Unsprung weight, this is pretty substantial..

Brembo:

Stock Boat Anchor:
:clap:
So aside from having 4 pistons & a monoblock caliper vs 1 piston floating caliper. They are 5.6lbs lighter than the stock setup!
With so many threads about "weight reduction" this definitely is one of the more important.

reducing Unsprung non rotating mass(calipers, carriers, suspension components) will help your suspension do its job better.

reducing unsprung rotating mass (calipers, wheels, tires) will help your car brake better, accelerate faster, & help your suspension do its job better.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
calipers are here. just waiting on lines, bolts fluid rotors & pads.install will be shortly after

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
rotors arrived today,apikol lines are waiting at the rents house, picking them up tomorrow along with mounting bolts. still waiting on super blue fluid, rotor screws, triple square bit and vibration dampers from pelican parts.
last purchase will be stainless rear lines & carbotech pads

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
thanks for this DIY

not done yet. I'll be posting install diy once all parts arrive and I have a semi warm day. not much different than a typical rotor pad line change but everyone loves install pics